[SOLVED] Does Hyperx non-7.1 headsets work with their 7.1 surround sound software?

Aug 6, 2020
Hi everybody!
I was looking at the Hyperx Cloud Stinger headset series and there's both a wireless version and a wireless with 7.1 surround sound version. Considering that the 7.1 surround sound comes completely from software AND I think their software is free, can't I just buy the wireless version and download their Ngenuity software? Buying the headset with 7.1 surround sound adds like $30. However, I'm unsure if the software is free and if the non-surround sound version even works with the software so can someone please sort this out for me?

Thanks to the tom'sHardware forum community!

Solution
I'd ask you to go the full path, get the 7.1 wireless version since the hardware will be detected in the software and depending on your version of hardware, the software will enable the 7.1, meaning it'll be locked to a specific set of hardware.

If this wasn't true then everybody would've exploited what you're thinking of and the www would've been lit with info of how it was done.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd ask you to go the full path, get the 7.1 wireless version since the hardware will be detected in the software and depending on your version of hardware, the software will enable the 7.1, meaning it'll be locked to a specific set of hardware.

If this wasn't true then everybody would've exploited what you're thinking of and the www would've been lit with info of how it was done.

Solution