[SOLVED] Does Intel i5-2400 fits my Foxconn H61MD?

RomDino

Honorable
Feb 5, 2017
My budget is really low so I'm wanting to buy an Intel i5-2400, But I want to make sure that when I get the CPU it fits my motherboard and runs well.
Here's my motherboard spec:
BYCiZ8T.png

Solution
If so, is there any other CPUs that I can choose? I'm trying to find a CPU with 4 cores.

There are Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge core i5 and i7s that have 4 cores and can work on H61 boards.

However if you find one and want to buy check it's TDP (power). You need to get one of the series I said that has a 65W TDP.

Some of those CPUs need over 70W and some need 95W; which apparently your board does not support.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Yes that is a Sandy Bridge CPU and it's compatible with the H61 chipset boards, however, the Foxconn H61MD manual here (if that's actually theexact same board) says "Max processor power up to 65W ".

That i5 2400 is a 95W CPU so I think it most probably will not work on that board.

RomDino

Honorable
Feb 5, 2017
Yes that is a Sandy Bridge CPU and it's compatible with the H61 chipset boards, however, the Foxconn H61MD manual here (if that's actually theexact same board) says "Max processor power up to 65W ".

That i5 2400 is a 95W CPU so I think it most probably will not work on that board.
If so, is there any other CPUs that I can choose? I'm trying to find a CPU with 4 cores.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador

There are Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge core i5 and i7s that have 4 cores and can work on H61 boards.

However if you find one and want to buy check it's TDP (power). You need to get one of the series I said that has a 65W TDP.

Some of those CPUs need over 70W and some need 95W; which apparently your board does not support.

Solution