Question Does my cooling look normal?

Aug 8, 2024
I'm curious if someone could look at my custom loop, system details and let me know if my temps look normal? With no real load I'm seeing Calibrated CPU temps around 55c and a CPU Package around 68c. For some reason my motherboard shows me 2 Calibrated CPU temps and 2 CPU Package temps. I've attached some output from HWinfo if that helps. Also curious if I should undervolt or not. Any help is appreciated.

Crosshair Extreme x670e
AMD 7950x

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot mention what you're using to cool the processor, the make and model of the case and the number and orientation of the fans in said case.

With regards to undervolting, use Curve Optimizer in AMD's Ryzen Master app. BIOS version for your motherboard?

Aug 8, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot mention what you're using to cool the processor, the make and model of the case and the number and orientation of the fans in said case.

With regards to undervolting, use Curve Optimizer in AMD's Ryzen Master app. BIOS version for your motherboard?
Thank you! It's a single loop system..mostly Corsair (Hydro X XD5 pump, XC7 CPU block, 3xXR7 rads). Case is Lian Li O11 Dyn XL. Three intake fans on the bottom, 3 on the back, 3 exhaust fans on top and 1 exhaust fan in the rear. BIOS is from 04/12/2024

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You have three thick 360mm radiators for just the CPU? No load core temps should be closer to 35C with that much water cooling, so a recorded minimum of 41C seems reasonable. Depending on ambient temperature, can't go lower then the air temperature in the room.

Your max temps certainly look reasonable for a CPU under load. The chip is designed to hit 95C.

Been a while since I paid much attention to my current CPU, but after heavy overclocking and dual 280mm, with a GPU in the loop, I have seen as high as the low 80s under a bench test after the loop has saturated.

Aug 8, 2024
The GPU is in that loop as well. I just provided the CPU cooling as asked. I have the EK Quantum Vector2 GPU water block. Thanks for the input..they just always seem high to me, but then again I haven't really compared it with similar systems.