Does my GPU Not Work Because Of A Driver Problem?

sakibc03

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
Recently, I tried putting an Asus r7 250 1gb gddr5 in my pc, but once i turn it on I can see everything in my pc running but there is no display whatsoever. However, I did not install any new drivers and did not disable my intel onboard graphics drivers either. IM just asking is the reason my gpu not working because of my drivers? Also, could it be because in my uefi bios i have auto set on init display?

Thanks.

By the way, would it be okay if i disconnect my dvd drive and hdd then try putting in my gpu since lots of people seem to recommend this and it works for them.

sakibc03

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017

my hardware :

Cpu : Intel Pentium G870
Ram : 8gb 1333mhz ddr3
Power Supply : Corsair VS400 400 watts
Motherboard : Gigabyte H61M DS2H
HDD : Seagate Barracuda green 1.5tb 5900rpm
Asus DVD/CD ROM Drive

Also Im running windows 8.1 and the graphics card box says windows 8.1 compatible.
Thanks.

sakibc03

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017

I only have the Intel HD Graphics Sandy Bridge Drivers if you were asking.
Also wouldn't downloading the r7 250 drivers affect my pc or should i download them and all ym drivers disabled until I put my gpu in my pc.
Thanks.

xTP Official

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016

Sir you're running Asus r7 250 i gb Graphics you gotta Install drive , Intel and , ausu is two different. install driver for Asus and it will work 100 percent

xTP Official

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
read this :- before you do anything open your computer hardware and take off the battery its on your Motherboard. take it off turn on your computer for 10 sec and turn it off back and then put the battery and make sure your monitor cable is connected to you Asus GPU. now you can turn on your PC.
sir if your installing any hardware drive on your computer it should no effect , you can install your Asus driver without any problem.

sakibc03

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017

I tried downloading the drivers from AMDs website but the problem is the installer wouldnt let the driver finish installing because it couldnt detect an AMD gpu in my pc. It says" Error 173 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Since AMD Graphics Hardware Was Not Found."

sakibc03

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
Also, can someone give me a step by step instruction of what to do since every time i read what is going on I get confused.

From MY Understanding all I understood was
- download the latest drivers for the gpu(which i cannot do since the installer wont let me because it doesn't
detect an amd gpu)
- i have to go to bios and select PCI
- i have to open up my pc and install my graphics card
- boot up my pc

However, every time i read these instructions i feel im missing something like maybe i have to disable my intel hd graphics drivers first or something like that.

Anyway, thanks.