Does my motherboard has PCIe-2.0 slot?

Jackie Hakura

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
My motherboard is Pegatron ipmsb-h61.The question i have is that i want to know that does this motherboard has a PCI-e 2.0 x16 slot and if it has pci 2.0 would i be able to run any gddr5 or ddr5 card on it??Plzz help ASAP.

Solution
Get a 260X, it's just a rebranded 7770 but with better clock speeds. Make sure you buy a good branded PSU, not a cheap one. You could buy a new motherboard if you really wanted but make sure you buy a 1155 socket motherboard otherwise your CPU won't support it. Your current board does only have PCI Express 2.0 and not 3.0 so your card will be limited there but not by a huge amount. I don't see much point in buying a new motherboard unless you're going to upgrade the CPU as well because it seems silly to buy an almost 3 generation old motherboard.

Leemon

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2013
Yes it does have a PCI Express 2.0 slot and yes you could use a GDDR5 card with it but make sure you have a PSU that can power one. Also be aware that if your CPU isn't very good it will bottleneck your GPU.

Leemon

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2013
Get a 260X, it's just a rebranded 7770 but with better clock speeds. Make sure you buy a good branded PSU, not a cheap one. You could buy a new motherboard if you really wanted but make sure you buy a 1155 socket motherboard otherwise your CPU won't support it. Your current board does only have PCI Express 2.0 and not 3.0 so your card will be limited there but not by a huge amount. I don't see much point in buying a new motherboard unless you're going to upgrade the CPU as well because it seems silly to buy an almost 3 generation old motherboard.

Solution