[SOLVED] Does my z590 Tuf Gaming Motherboard support Intel Turbo Boost 2.0?

crackedpots79

Honorable
Apr 27, 2018
I have upgraded to a new board, processor Intel i7 11700k. I bought non RGB Viper 4400 MHz. I read somewhere I can OC them to 5333 which is max for the Tuf Gaming z590 motherboard. I also bought a Samsung 980 m.2 1 Tb to take advantage of the 4.0 support. I have a WD 14 Tb spin drive for media storage. The processor is cooled with a Corsair H115i. The case has 3 - 140 mm Thermaltaki Riing fans. I changed out the 2 - 140 mm Corsair fans for the Thermaltaki Riing fans. (red)
I did not think I would see much difference in game load times were about 7-15 seconds. Sometimes it would time out and reset the game. Now load times are 3-5 seconds. Raiding with 12 people and all their skills going off, it's beautiful. It's a whole new experience. I have Nvidia 1060 Xtreme gaming GPU. This is running default settings.
I had to upgrade to a larger, more powerful power supply, so I can overclock. I am waiting for that delivery. I have about $1900 invested so far.

The question I have is does my board support intel turboboost? I want to overclock and the Asus OC software is kinda wonky. The processor says its max is 5Ghz, but I'm reading it can be overclocked to 5.3+ GHz
Do I need a different software to do that? Intel Turboboost should be enabled, but I cannot see where it is.

Solution
K + Z = overclock capable.
Considering you've not understood that basic point about your cpu + motherboard, I'd very strongly recommend you do a LOT more research into overclocking Intel cpu's, do's and dont's, howto's etc, because with Intels its done through bios manually, not done by software.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
K + Z = overclock capable.
Considering you've not understood that basic point about your cpu + motherboard, I'd very strongly recommend you do a LOT more research into overclocking Intel cpu's, do's and dont's, howto's etc, because with Intels its done through bios manually, not done by software.

Solution