Question Does ram require that metallic silver sheet?

Nov 25, 2022
When upgrading my ram, I noticed my default stock ram comes with a silver sheet stuck on both sides of it. I'm guessing it's some sort of heat solution thing. I bought new ram sticks from crucial and they don't come with this silver sheets? Do I need to stick these on one of my new RAM sticks?
DIY5SSO.jpg

kanewolf

Titan
When upgrading my ram, I noticed my default stock ram comes with a silver sheet stuck on both sides of it. I'm guessing it's some sort of heat solution thing. I bought new ram sticks from crucial and they don't come with this silver sheets? Do I need to stick these on one of my new RAM sticks?
DIY5SSO.jpg
I think that is an insulator to ensure that your RAM doesn't touch anything metal. Is there a foil lining on the inside of the laptop case that could possibly touch the RAM chips?

Nov 25, 2022
Apologies I'm not sure what foil lining is but I took a photo of the inside of that part before removing and upgrading to a new RAM. I might need to open it up again to take another photo and a closer look at this possible foil lining thing. Under the black sheet is the 2nd RAM slot. At the moment the new RAM stick upgrades works well but just hoping that this silver sheet isn't anything too important.
jfi4UDJ.jpg

Apologies I'm not sure what foil lining is but I took a photo of the inside of that part before removing and upgrading to a new RAM. I might need to open it up again to take another photo and a closer look at this possible foil lining thing. Under the black sheet is the 2nd RAM slot. At the moment the new RAM stick upgrades works well but just hoping that this silver sheet isn't anything too important.
jfi4UDJ.jpg
Your photo is not available.

TRENDING THREADS