Question Does replaced HDD help my windows10 problem?

Jul 19, 2019
I updated my motherboard bios and my windows would start up and show preparing automatic repair but the loading dots would show and it will be stuck and I cannot even boot my windows 10 from my usb for some reason so I was thinking about changing the HDD and reinstalling the windows 10. Will that help?

USAFRet

Titan
But the media creation tool wouldn't start
From a different, working, PC, you use the MediaCreation tool to create a new bootable USB.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Jul 19, 2019
From a different, working, PC, you use the MediaCreation tool to create a new bootable USB.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I did do that but when I go to boot menu and boot from the usb it will bring me to the preparing automatic repair screen and stuck
Do u think it is the usb problem or anything?

Jul 19, 2019
what motherboard are you using? it might have eithger secure boot/fast boot runniing which will make bios ignore USB, or your motherboard might have an option to boot off USB one time

it should tell us in the manual
P35 ds3p v1.0
But when I use other usb for bios update it get detected but that usb is 3gb so windows cannot be installed there

Colif

Win 11 Master
its not the usb... its more the age of PC, win 10 may not even install onto that motherboard.

The P35 Express chipset supports Intel's LGA 775 socket
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_P35
win 10 installer doesn't have the drivers needed to boot LGA 775

Was 10 an upgrade from 7? was 7 an upgrade from XP or Vista? (last part doesn't really matter, just iindicates age of system)

to get 10 onto board you likely need to put 7 on 1st and upgrade from there

Jul 19, 2019
its not the usb... its more the age of PC, win 10 may not even install onto that motherboard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_P35
win 10 installer doesn't have the drivers needed to boot LGA 775

Was 10 an upgrade from 7? was 7 an upgrade from XP or Vista? (last part doesn't really matter, just iindicates age of system)

to get 10 onto board you likely need to put 7 on 1st and upgrade from there
I was using windows 10 even before I update the bios of my motherboard

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, it will work if you upgraded from 7 as 7 has the right drivers to boot the motherboard from USB, but Intel don't support lga 775 anymore so didn't give windows any drivers to allow win 10 to boot it.

It works fine if you upgrade, but it won't allow a clean install using 10.

I had a P5N32E-SLI before current PC, it didn't even have drivers for win 8 so I knew not to bother with win 10. It was based on same Intel chipset but mine used Nvidia chipset, and they also don't support win 10. Your board is 12 years old, comes a time you stop putting new versions of windows on it as they not built for old PC. Regardless of what Microsoft said when they released win 10.

Lutfij

Titan
In order to create your bootable USB installer for Windows 10, you're going to need a pen drive that is 8GB or more in size. Windows 10 should take care of the drivers it needs for the platform. In short, you're probably not doing it right.

Is the first boot device on your system when the pen drive is plugged in, the pen drive?

Colif

Win 11 Master
In order to create your bootable USB installer for Windows 10, you're going to need a pen drive that is 8GB or more in size. Windows 10 should take care of the drivers it needs for the platform. In short, you're probably not doing it right.

Is the first boot device on your system when the pen drive is plugged in, the pen drive?

its not the creation process of USB, its the fact WIn 10 doesn't have LGA 775 drivers so can't boot up that PC. He needs to use a win 7 installer to get past that error stage. But it can't fix the install

Jul 19, 2019
its not the creation process of USB, its the fact WIn 10 doesn't have LGA 775 drivers so can't boot up that PC. He needs to use a win 7 installer to get past that error st
its not the creation process of USB, its the fact WIn 10 doesn't have LGA 775 drivers so can't boot up that PC. He needs to use a win 7 installer to get past that error stage. But it can't fix the install
Thank you. I will try and update on this post

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried installing off DVD?

did you make USB installer as legacy boot, not uefi? your bios doesn't support UEFI so USB should be made as Legacy boot

it seems it is hit and miss with LGA775 support, about half the people who have tried it can get it on, and other half can't.

Jul 19, 2019
have you tried installing off DVD?

did you make USB installer as legacy boot, not uefi? your bios doesn't support UEFI so USB should be made as Legacy boot

it seems it is hit and miss with LGA775 support, about half the people who have tried it can get it on, and other half can't.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am not sure how to do that so its a good thing you started a new thread.

I can think of a way it "might" work... this is all theory
turn off fast startup if its currently on - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html
i would clone the current hdd onto another hdd just so you have a copy that works as there are no guarantees this would work and would likely mess up the install if it didn't.
once you have a clone, I would start a full reset of PC, but when it wants you to restart to run it, turn PC off, unplug system, swap the CPU, and restart the system. It "should" just keep running the reset process and since that wipes drivers, you shouldn't get stuck on that screen.

I don't know if that works, I have no way to test it, so see if you get help in other thread before trying that :)