Question Does the Arctic 4U-M cooler fit on the Asus WRX90E-SAGE motherboard ?

Mar 18, 2024
After giving up trying to find a decent AIO solution for TR5/SP6, I am reconsidering the Arctic 4U-M air cooler.

But I've noticed lots of reports of it not fitting with a variety of motherboards, in particular the TRX50 boards from Gigabyte/ASRock. People are saying that it either is too big and won't go in because of surrounding heat shrouds on their boards, or that the clearance isn't sufficient for their RAM.

I am using an Asus WRX90E-SAGE motherboard, and was wondering if it will fit on my board and have enough clearance for my RAM. Are any of you using this cooler with the WRX90E-SAGE? Also, if you are, I'd be very interested to hear about the thermal performance with your CPU under heavy loads.

Mar 18, 2024
Yes, I am aware that it is compatible with the TR5/SP6 CPU socket. What I am asking about is if it is compatible with the WRX90E-SAGE motherboard.

As I mentioned in the original post, there are several TR5/SP6 motherboards (such as the closely related TRX50-SAGE) that the Arctic 4U-M is not compatible with, because the fans on the 4U-M stick out over the heatsinks on the motherboard so that the cooler cannot be fully inserted. People are having to 3D print custom fan housings for their coolers to compensate for this, which is something I'd like to avoid.

So I am trying to determine if anyone has used this cooler on the WRX90E-SAGE motherboard, and what their experience was.

The product literature says it supports socket SP6, so you're covered there.

As for RAM clearance, judging by
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlx5SGdTmC0
... as long as you're using standard DIMMs, it'll be fine. It looks like the heat sink itself has about ~40mm of clearance so you might even be able to use RAM with heat spreaders.

EDIT: Missed that you were concerned with the heat sinks. The video should still provide some semblance of reference to see if it'll fit or not. Otherwise you're better off going on Reddit or something if you want someone with this exact combination of hardware since it's not likely any of us here have it.

Mar 18, 2024
The product literature says it supports socket SP6, so you're covered there.

As for RAM clearance, judging by
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlx5SGdTmC0
... as long as you're using standard DIMMs, it'll be fine. It looks like the heat sink itself has about ~40mm of clearance so you might even be able to use RAM with heat spreaders.

EDIT: Missed that you were concerned with the heat sinks. The video should still provide some semblance of reference to see if it'll fit or not. Otherwise you're better off going on Reddit or something if you want someone with this exact combination of hardware since it's not likely any of us here have it.
Thanks, I have searched reddit and didn't find anything. This board is very uncommon, and there is little data available online. I have only seen complaints about it not fitting in other motherboards, or being too tall to fit into some 4U cases.

I suppose the only way I'll know is to try it out and see, which is frustrating because this would be the third air cooling solution I've had to install on this system. (I have already tried Noctua U-14S and Noctua NH-D9) I'm just sick of taking things apart only to discover that the cooling is inadequate.

Maybe I'll just wait until this summer when Silverstone releases their new AIO for TR5/SP6.