Question Does the AsRock b365 Pro4 come with bios version P4.00 or above? No Boot with i7 9700

May 21, 2021
Hello, I am trying to upgrade my cpu and it will not start for more than 10-30 seconds. No display either. Fans running, i really don't know... I know that the mobo is compatible. It even says on the website. But from my research I have determined that there might be a BIOS update that I have to perform in order for my mobo to be compatible with my 9th Gen CPU. And in order for me to be able to execute this update I have to obtain a 8th gen CPU.
I have also returned the old motherboard and gotten a new one (the same one) and now have now determined that it is not the motherboard being DOA that is the problem. It is doing the same exact power cycling thing that it was doing before, still no display to the monitor and I have done everything exactly the same inside of the computer.
Specs:
CPU: i7 9700
MOBO: AsRock B365 Pro4
GPU: GTX 1660 ti
PSU: idk what its called but it is 500W
RAM: G-Skill 2x8GB

Tried reseating the ram, the heat sink, the gpu, resetting the cmos, unplugging and replugging ALL the cords in the mobo, completely unplugging the HDD, and more.

PLEASE HELP, IF YOU FIX OR FIND OUT I WILL CASHAPP OR VENMO 5 BUCKS NO PROBLEM. I'm desperate. :'(

May 21, 2021
I will have to see the brand when I get home from school but I do not believe that it applies to my situation. I will also look for a sticker and update in around an hour and a half. Thanks!

Oct 28, 2021
I will have to see the brand when I get home from school but I do not believe that it applies to my situation. I will also look for a sticker and update in around an hour and a half. Thanks!
Hey man, did you find out how to deal with this issue? I have the same exact problem and I don't have access to an 8th gen CPU in the region that im in :(

May 21, 2021
Hey man, did you find out how to deal with this issue? I have the same exact problem and I don't have access to an 8th gen CPU in the region that i'm in :(
The cpu was faulty. I'm glad you asked! Let me know if there is anything else i can help with! I just ended up upgrading to an i9-10900kf :) is the cpu you have used?

May 21, 2021
Oh man! Thanks or the response! How did you find out that it was your CPU? I'm trying to boot it with an I3-9100f!
No problem! I kind of just deducted that the cpu was the problem. never really was able to test it fully but that was the only thing that made sense. is the i3-9100f new? I'm sure you have already but make sure there are no bent pins. if it is new then maybe send back for a replacement. if you can give a description of your whole situation that might help too. Like is this your pc? are you using it for gaming? etc. Thanks!