[SOLVED] Does the BIOS warning matter in Pc Part Picker? How should I chose my motherboard?

Jan 2, 2023
So I was about to buy my PC parts when I realised that the motherboard I wanted, the MSI B550M-VC WIFI was out of stock. Since the B550M-VDH WIFI and B550M-VC WIFI looked almost the same in both looks and name, I was going to go with that instead. However, when I chose that, PCPP gave me the following warning:

"The MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor with BIOS version 7C95v24. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU."

Should I choose a different PC? This is my first time building a PC and I have almost no clue what most of that means.

Here are the links to the amazon page and my PCPP build list:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089D1YG11

I would also appreciate it if you could give me advise on the other parts of the build

Thanks!

Solution
it looks likee you can flash the bios without going into it

Updating BIOS with Flash BIOS Button
  1. Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from the MSI® website.
  2. Rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM, and save it to the root of your USB flash drive.
  3. Connect the power supply to CPU_PWR1 and ATX_PWR1. (No need to install CPU and memory.)
  4. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the Flash BIOS Port on the rear I/O panel.
  5. Press the Flash BIOS Button to flash BIOS, and the LED starts flashing.
  6. The LED will be turned off when the process is completed

Meaning you should be able to flash bios with just PSU attached.
So warning is able to be fixed with a BIOS flash...

Colif

Win 11 Master
it looks likee you can flash the bios without going into it

Updating BIOS with Flash BIOS Button
  1. Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from the MSI® website.
  2. Rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM, and save it to the root of your USB flash drive.
  3. Connect the power supply to CPU_PWR1 and ATX_PWR1. (No need to install CPU and memory.)
  4. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the Flash BIOS Port on the rear I/O panel.
  5. Press the Flash BIOS Button to flash BIOS, and the LED starts flashing.
  6. The LED will be turned off when the process is completed

Meaning you should be able to flash bios with just PSU attached.
So warning is able to be fixed with a BIOS flash

Page 46 - https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C95v1.7.pdf

build looks okay, I am sure others will think of something

no plans of a bigger GPU down road? PSU might be a bit small for upgrades. Just a thought.

Solution
Jan 2, 2023
I'm pretty sure I have a flash drive lying around somewhere, so I'll be able to do that, thanks for the help! I wasn't expecting a reply so fast.

I'm not sure about upgrading the GPU yet, I have been using it on a very VERY low spec system, and although it was so much better than my quadro fx 3800, according to my friend it still isn't at its full potential especially paired with an overheating i7-2600k. I will have to wait and see.

As for the PSU, I'm probably going to stick with it unless you have some other suggestion which is about 30 dollars more than the current one and is in stock.