Question Does the orientation of the power/reset switch in the front panel connecors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that the power switch and reset switch can be one way, or rotated 180 degrees that way, i.e. polarity doesn't matter, but I just wanted to check, because this Bitwit video confused by as it implies there is polarity of the switch.

Thank you!
The power button and reset switch are just short circuits, so polarity doesn't matter.
By the way in the video it wasn't implied, that has to be that way.
But I understand why he shows connecting it following the manuals...there are too many morons that will connect any other connector incorrectly.

Dec 15, 2019
The power button and reset switch are just short circuits, so polarity doesn't matter.
By the way in the video it wasn't implied, that has to be that way.
But I understand why he shows connecting it following the manuals...there are too many morons that will connect any other connector incorrectly.
Sorry, so on the video he referenced a switch and was talking about the plus/minus and matching it up? Does that mean it does matter then?

Dec 15, 2019
For a switch (pwr/reset) it does not make a difference.

But, observe the printed polarity, because on other things on that connector...it does matter.
Just to be consistent.
Thank you! I am a little confused though - what am I meant to be consistent with? I've put the LED + and LED - the right way around. Are the switches meant to get the same way as each other?

USAFRet

Titan
Thank you! I am a little confused though - what am I meant to be consistent with? I've put the LED + and LED - the right way around. Are the switches meant to get the same way as each other?
Consistency in how you connect things.
Follow the printed labels, no matter what you're connecting.
Some things do not care (pwr), others do (LED). If you always do all of them the same way, you won't have to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.