Question Does the RM550x have enough connections for a Ryzen 3600 and an RX 5700?

Jul 20, 2019
(Note, I am a first time builder) Only a single SATA cable will be used for storage and the rest of the cabling is something i am unsure about, like what about the 4+4 pin CPU etc. As far as i know, the RX 5700 uses an 8+6 pin connector and i am unsure if that might interfere with the connection to the 4+4 pin connection for the cpu

(Note, I am a first time builder) Only a single SATA cable will be used for storage and the rest of the cabling is something i am unsure about, like what about the 4+4 pin CPU etc. As far as i know, the RX 5700 uses an 8+6 pin connector and i am unsure if that might interfere with the connection to the 4+4 pin connection for the cpu

From teh tech specs tab of https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...ced/RMx-Series/p/CP-9020177-NA#tab-tech-specs

PCI-E Connector: 2
EPS Connector: 1

That means there's two PCIe connectors. Corsair always uses 6+2 connectors which means the power connector can be used in either a 6-pin or 8-pin PCIe connection.

EPS connectors are 8-pin, but Corsair always uses ones that can be split into two fours in case someone has a low end board that uses only a 4-pin. If you had a motherboard that needed BOTH an 8-pin and a 4-pin, then you would need a PSU that had two connectors (typically two separate cables).

You'll be fine.

Reactions: Snow White