[SOLVED] Does this board support UEFI?

Rohit_Ajay123

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
Hello, does the Gigabyte G41MT S2 motherboard support UEFI?

I want to install gtx 1050ti OC edition(zotac) in the motherboard so im thinking of buying this board for my core 2 quad build.

My current system is with a intel dg31pr motherboard and gtx 1050ti pairing in this motherboard made everything really slow.

Thanks for the help.

Solution
1050Ti will work on that motherboard like it does with your existing board. Uefi didn't begin till Sandy Bridge, a couple of generations later. Uefi however isn't the reason for the slowness. It's just age of the system.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
1050Ti will work on that motherboard like it does with your existing board. Uefi didn't begin till Sandy Bridge, a couple of generations later. Uefi however isn't the reason for the slowness. It's just age of the system.

Solution

Rohit_Ajay123

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
Thanks for the reply. But every other card works flawlessly on this system. Its got a core 2 quad Q9550... with SSD too. I will buy the gigabyte G41MT S2 motherboard anyway since its pretty cheap and i will try it on that! I will also try out my friend's gtx 1050ti and see if that works. Thanks for your answer.

Rohit_Ajay123

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
my 1050ti is OC edition and my friend's is non OC xD
But i think that my card will work on gabyte G41MT S2 motherboard with the latest bios update as i read many people saying that intel didnt bother to update bios so thats why my gtx 1050 is incompatible with it. Whereas, gigabyte and the other vendors updated their BIOS past 2010 time and it may work. So ill be getting a G41MT S2 mobo soon and try out my 1050ti on that. :) thanks for tryna help :)