Question Does this exist? Suggestions plz

Jan 20, 2022
Looking for a 2-in-1 laptop that I can't seem to find.
It's a desktop replacement as my Mac is now 12 yrs old and dying.
I need something w/ a battery life of hopefully 6-8 hrs. I play RPG style games casually, nothing my Galaxy S20 cell phone can't handle.
Coming from a Mac however I need something that can deal with the entire Adobe creative suite running for hours, with a music app playing in the background and several tabs open online. I know, asking a LOT from a laptop. I also use the Microsoft Office program often and would like to be able to freehand write on an app w/ a stylus and convert it to type. Hence my want of a 2-in-1 type so I am not restricted to a keyboard or have to buy an external writing/drawing pad.
I've done days of research, and reviews of different processors and functionality of most laptops leaves something to be desired. Is there really something like what I'd like out there? Trying to stay under $1500 if at all possible but willing to finance since this will be my main computer now. I'm not brand specific, again just need something compatible with Windows, Adobe and a Stylus pen.

Thanks so much for the help!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Microsoft Surface or an M1 Pro Macbook from Apple. There are other touchscreen/stylus capable laptops. Just seems like you want more than your budget allows I would gather.

Mid-range laptops tend to not have stylus or be convertibles. If your gaming is capable of being done on an S20, then either the Integrated GPU of a late model Intel CPU or Mac's M1 should certainly be enough.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
There are actually a few for $1500, never mind.

https://www.newegg.com/microsoft-surface-pro-8-8pv-00001-platinum/p/N82E16834736398

Still though, doing heavy work in Adobe is going to kill any battery pretty quickly. You can always buy external batteries and charge over USB Type-C if you need more juice.

If you need more graphical power, Apple is probably the way to go. Used models might be easier to come by then the latest M1 based ones, but I don't really recommend that. Next generation M series processors should be soon, that might drop the M1 prices down.

Jan 20, 2022
There are actually a few for $1500, never mind.

https://www.newegg.com/microsoft-surface-pro-8-8pv-00001-platinum/p/N82E16834736398

Still though, doing heavy work in Adobe is going to kill any battery pretty quickly. You can always buy external batteries and charge over USB Type-C if you need more juice.

If you need more graphical power, Apple is probably the way to go. Used models might be easier to come by then the latest M1 based ones, but I don't really recommend that. Next generation M series processors should be soon, that might drop the M1 prices down.

Thanks, ya that price was just a starting point really. I'm not ready to invest in a $2500 laptop yet but I figured I had to start somewhere. Any idea how the connectivity is with those removable keyboards? I've heard a lot of complaints about the pins bending, losing "grip" as it were, etc. I had a wifi keyboard for my old tablet and hated both the tiny size and how it kept randomly disconnecting.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Don't really have issues with bluetooth these days. Not sure there is any actual docking on that one. Pretty sure it just clips on via magnets so that would eliminate wearing out that part of it. Starting at the high end, it can only go up from here, particularly if you want a 2022 model of any laptop.