Question Does this sound like a MoBo problem?

Feb 17, 2023
Hi, so I have the Z590 pro Wifi, and recently, its gotten a bit unreliable with booting. I almost never make it to the desktop. It usually craps out and freezes completely around the boot screen. It then requires me to restart and try again. but recently, it’s been crapping at the cpu and RAM debug lights. If it does by some miracle boot to desktop, it will usually freeze completely after a minute, no audio or video, no response from peripherals, nothing. I’ll have to restart it and try again. If I happen to get through all of the freezing and make it to the desktop without it freezing on the desktop, then it’s fine for the whole session. If I put it into sleep mode, then it boots back to desktop just fine when I power it again. I have been scratching my head at this for a while and I have no clue, but I infer its a MoBo problem. Thoughts and/or solutions?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
As always, check your thermals. Could be an intermittent AIO pump, if you have one. (You might want to list all your hardware with specifics for CPU, CPU cooler, PSU, and GPU being the more important things)

Remove any CPU overclocks, including multi-core enhancement.

Re-seat memory.

BIOS reset and/or update to the latest.

Re-seat CPU and check thermal paste

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're able to successfully get POST, might want to check and see what BIOS version you're on at this moment of time.

Side note, please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
include the age of the PSU if it's been in service for a while.

It might very well be a BIOS related issue or your memory controller might be acting up...even could be ram.

Feb 17, 2023
I’ll have to make a list and check the temps when I get home from work. I have already reset BIOS and reseated my RAM so that eliminates those two.

Feb 17, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're able to successfully get POST, might want to check and see what BIOS version you're on at this moment of time.

Side note, please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
include the age of the PSU if it's been in service for a while.

It might very well be a BIOS related issue or your memory controller might be acting up...even could be ram.
Got an
i7-11700kf
MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
G.skill ripjaw 5 ddr4-3600 8gb x4
WD 1TB m.2
Two seagate HDDs (not sure exact size)
Msi rtx 2060
Lian Li Lancool 205 ATX midtower
Win11
Edit: I got to BIOS, cpu temp is 36C
OC is off
BIOS reset before, did not help