Question Does Windows 10 have built-in ram optimizer software?

Jan 5, 2020
so i recently switched my main desktop from win7 to 10 ( i know no need to shame me more :) ) i noticed that each time i launch any game on right bottom corner RAM optimizer appears and it releasing certain amount of ram,what is that ?n it is part of windows 10 or somethign else?i have AMD CPU with NIVIDA GPU btw

Jan 5, 2020
As advised by wpgwpg, Windows 10 has no RAM optimizer, so it was likely loaded when you installed a program. When you say switched, do you mean upgraded or clean install? Did you have such a RAM optimizer with Windows 7?
its new desktop i have only installed Nivida Driver n motherboards so far i noticed something else this program or software kinda close or suspend programs like utorrent when i open game n once i close games it re-opens it

Jan 5, 2020
"New Desktop" doesn't tell me if you upgraded or did a clean install.
Where did you get the drivers from? I would check Programs and Features and see if a RAM optimizer has been installed, which may have been packaged with a driver.
its literally a new desktop i assembled this week new SSD n everything and as for drivers i got it from nividia website n motherboard CD and i checked programs and features there is nothing weird there.
the thing that annoys me about this whole thing is it closes down few programs when i launch game

could it be from nividia software like its trying to optimize my windows to make game run smoother?

Got it. Advise specs of PC, make/model of motherboard, GPU. If you downloaded the GPU drivers from Nividia, then the program did come from them. Sounds like it was packaged with your MB drivers.

Try going to the task manager to find the program; hopefully it will tell you where it came from, you can also turn off the program from the task manager, and if worst comes to worst, stop it loading in the registry.

Jan 5, 2020
Got it. Advise specs of PC, make/model of motherboard, GPU. If you downloaded the GPU drivers from Nividia, then the program did come from them. Sounds like it was packaged with your MB drivers.

Try going to the task manager to find the program; hopefully it will tell you where it came from, you can also turn off the program from the task manager, and if worst comes to worst, stop it loading in the registry.

i tried to look for anything in task manager but couldnt find anything weird this is screen shot of how it looks ofc when i try click on it nothing happens

Jn7Nn2C.jpg

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
most likely that is from the mobo cd. they come with all kinds of little utilities like that. they can usually be uninstalled easy enough. but not knowing what your system specs, including mobo model, are it is hard to say for sure.

but of course this could be an "optional" utility that came bundled with some other program you installed and it got snuck by you.