Question Dolby Atmos can't be activated in "Spatial Sound" - Windows 11 ?

Nanakji

Honorable
Sep 15, 2016
Hello dear TH Community. I come to you after days of searching in different forums about this strange behavior of the Dolby Atmos app. I'm sharing a brief list of things I have tried and specs to maybe find a solution, because right now I'm in total darkness:
-Windows 11 Pro edition
-Everything is up to date, I mean: every little driver (I always use Driver Booster or ma-config.com to monitor driver updates)
-Main Specs: Asus Prime Z370-P, RTX2060, I58400, 16GB Ram
-Peripherals: Soundblaster XG1 (used for a microphone NW-100 Mic via usb), Headphones: G633 (Logitech) with Gaming Hub installed
-Sound drivers: Realtek's latest drivers (6.0.9313.1 15/02/2022) plus the ones that Gaming Hub install for specific headphone, also I have Nvidia High Definition Audio because sometimes I need the monitor's sound (HDMI connected to GPU)

Description of the problem:
-When I used a 3mm plug Ars Technica headphone Dolby was working fine (connected to the XG1 sound card)
-When I connect the G633, the Spatial Sound drop menu won't let me choose the Dolby Atmos option, which means: I can choose it but can't Apply it because it auto changes to "Deactivated"

Things I have tried so far:
-Uninstalling Logitech Gaming Hub and uninstalling the G633 device from Device Manager, rebooting, choosing Dolby Atmos again, and after that installing Logitech Gaming Hub
-The above "solution" worked the first time, but after the next reboot the problem was there again
-I don't have "mono activated"
-Sometimes the dropdown menu will only show "deactivated" and neither Dolby Atmos nor Sonic will show unless I run the troubleshooter which will always ask me to open audio improvements, then will tell me that my device was not the "default device", which is not true ( in fact, I disabled the GX1 output because I'm only using "input" for the mic, which works perfectly btw) and then the "Dolby" and "Sonic" options are shown again but I can't push the "apply button" as mentioned above.
-I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dolby app, repaired and such and it won't do anything

My only guess is that as the thing that worked has to do with uninstalling Logitech Gaming Hub Drivers plus Dolby, it may has to do with some compatibility (I have tried to search at Reliability Monitor and Services to maybe find a faulty hardware or a service that is not starting properly but have found nothing useful)

Well, that is my actual pain and suffering lol! The sound issues are a real pain in the butt! I wish someone may find a workaround. Thanks in advance and have a great week guys!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that sometimes when pressing "Apply" at the Spatial sound options a window pops with the "Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound windows 11". If XG1 is a problem for maybe having some drivers interference with Dolby, then why Dolby has been working fine with the Ars Technica Headphones?, that is a question that remains unsolved!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
(I always use Driver Booster or ma-config.com to monitor driver updates)
That's your first problem, never use third party apps to tell you if you have anything pending update. Manually search for the latest drivers relevant to your platform.

Where did you source your installer for Windows 11? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing?

Nanakji

Honorable
Sep 15, 2016
(I always use Driver Booster or ma-config.com to monitor driver updates)
That's your first problem, never use third party apps to tell you if you have anything pending update. Manually search for the latest drivers relevant to your platform.

Where did you source your installer for Windows 11? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing?
Thanks for kind answer: BIOS version is the 3004 (2021/08/09) which supports Windows 11. As an update I can tell that I made some tests yesterday and I can tell this works at least for now (2 reboots and no problem found):
-Uninstall Logitech G Hub
-Uninstall device (G633) from Device Manager (right-click, uninstall device)
-Reboot
-After reboot: Select Dolby Atmos first
-Reinstall Logitech G Hub
After those steps, I could manage to make it work but I was afraid that when rebooting or something, the problem will return, but after repeating all those steps again: that was not the case. I will make some more tests tonight and if I find any issue, report it back.
Thanks and excuse my poor English :(

Nanakji

Honorable
Sep 15, 2016
I have managed to "make it work" but still behaves strange: after reinstalling Gaming Hub, activating Dolby Atmos with a 16bit 96Khz quality settings everything seems to work fine until you reboot and the quality reverts back to 44100MHZ (CD Quality) and if you try to change it again into "Studio Quality" then is when it brakes again and you have to start over again. A this moment, I can't tell if this is an exclusive windows 11 issue or Logitech's one :(