[done] AMD Launching First GPU With HBM Memory At E3, On June 16

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The OEMs will probably include a coupe of DP to DVI adapters. They are pretty cheap and DP still is not a 100% standard on all monitors.

I'm concerned that the Fiji Rage X card will be plagued by the same inferiority complex the 290X had. In their effort to secure the title of "Fastest GPU in the world, circa 2013", AMD pushed Hawaii to the literal (thermal) limit and then said, "Oh, that's normal..." when asked why we should buy a card that runs at a 93c.

If Fiji truly is at or under par with the GTX 980 Ti, it's unlikely AMD would let that stand. You can bet they are using every tool at their disposal to get it above that level. Drivers, clock speeds, fan speeds, operating temperatures, "image enhancements" they desperately need to sell that card for more than $650. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Indeed, I worry that in order to compete on performance they will up the clocks but sacrifice power, heat and noise. Well, I guess we'll see. June 16th I gather from elsewhere. I want them to be competitive to breathe some life back into the market, try and squeeze the breaks a bit on the price hiking that's infested the GPU landscape.

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.