Doom 3 BFG Edition Finally Dated, Priced

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedemon

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
Doom PC finally hitting consoles.. so why is there a PC version? huh must be the new armor-mounted flashlight and 3D... this must mean D4 is nowhere to be seen, not like i was looking forward to it anyways :(

G

Seems more like a money grabbing opportunity than an actual game, but I am sure it will be a hell of a lot better than what Konami did with Metal Gear... Porting a game to a different updated console is just lazy. :

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Zakken[/nom]Seems more like a money grabbing opportunity than an actual game, but I am sure it will be a hell of a lot better than what Konami did with Metal Gear... Porting a game to a different updated console is just lazy. :[/citation]

for the consoles, its the first time an un altered for graphics doom 3 was released, so no harm there.
for the pc, the head mount display intrigues me. how much went into that apposed to not?

now lets also point out that currently on steam. doom 3 costs 20$ the expansion cost 10$, so really, you buy this, you are just getting both in a single pack, so its not money grabbing.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]saskuatch[/nom]I think the only reason they did this was because rage flopped and they need cash to fund their next project[/citation]

500k sales in a week on the pc, and FAR many more sales on the console, so im betting they at least made their money back with rage.

now lest see here, what do you want do work with when you are experimenting with a new tech? brand new game, or an older already made game that you can adapt and test?

also doom 3 would gain SO much in just because of the engaging headmount visuals, and its the most recent game if theirs that would.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
so the pc version wont be getting a remaster? and their selling this bfg edition(which is the exact same as the current versions +a mission and flashlight) for the exact same price as its available today?! thats just lazy

gorillagarrett

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I hope the games fails.If there's a way to teach this money-wh*** developer a lesson, that would be for his game to fail miserably, at least on the PC.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
So does it also mean the flashlight button has been added?
Because in REAL LIFE, nobody knows how to attach a flashlight to their weapon - with a rail or duct tape.

G

I'm just waiting for the Doom 3 BFG edition "with" the HMD included. I'll drop $500.00 for a decent VR HMD.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]doom 3 costs 20$ the expansion cost 10$, so really, you buy this, you are just getting both in a single pack, so its not money grabbing.[/citation]
They're adding the "Lost Mission" levels so unless that is in the Steam version it's a slightly better deal.

Hopefully they update the Linux version also. It's suffering from bitrot.

G

Here's some article swith much more detail about the head mounted display in question, it's called the Oculus rift:

http://roadtovr.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/oculus-rift-is-an-hmd-with-an-immersive-90-degree-fov-to-be-funded-by-kickstater-video/

http://roadtovr.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/early-oculus-rift-specifications-and-official-site-confirms-500-target/

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]gorillagarrett[/nom]I hope the games fails.If there's a way to teach this money-wh*** developer a lesson, that would be for his game to fail miserably, at least on the PC.[/citation]

I think you're missing the point here.
Doom 3 has already been quite successful.
They are releasing it with PC grade graphics on the Xbox360 and PS3 while adding a few new features.
That is the point of the release.
To include PC gamers on the new features at the same price point as the original is a nice touch.

And yes, companies like to make money where they can, where have you been for the last few millenniums?

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
WTF I have doom 3 and it really does need improvements. It needs to have bigger screen resolutions added to it at the very least.

atminside

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
so what about those who already own Doom 3 and Resurrection of evil for PC. I still have the original box and cd case and even the best buy receipt. Reasonable to expect that we original owners might get this through an update or patch?

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]for the consoles, its the first time an un altered for graphics doom 3 was released, so no harm there.for the pc, the head mount display intrigues me. how much went into that apposed to not?now lets also point out that currently on steam. doom 3 costs 20$ the expansion cost 10$, so really, you buy this, you are just getting both in a single pack, so its not money grabbing.[/citation]

great point about that , another fact that people are also forgeting, original doom 3 doesn't support wide screen resolutions when played on a wide screen monitor it either streaches the image to fit , which looks odd , or it cuts the sides to make the image 4:3. I'm assuming since this new version is being remasted for newer consoles , as well as pc , that the pc version will now support wide screen resolutions finnally , which makes this interesting to me.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]great point about that , another fact that people are also forgeting, original doom 3 doesn't support wide screen resolutions when played on a wide screen monitor it either streaches the image to fit , which looks odd , or it cuts the sides to make the image 4:3. I'm assuming since this new version is being remasted for newer consoles , as well as pc , that the pc version will now support wide screen resolutions finnally , which makes this interesting to me.[/citation]

thats not that big of a thing, ini files and 3rd party mods exist for almost every semi major game to make it wide screen if it wasnt built into the games options. the 3d part will be fine, but the ui overlay may stretch.

so if you already have a copy look into that first.

G

THEY SHOULD PUT ON DOOM DOOM2 AND FINAL DOOM JUST LIKE THE XBOX DOOM3

MadMax75th

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
I LOVED Doom3 and ROE and I will gladly buy this game just to support ID in creating DOOM4 (which is already in production/creation. Also in the 2012 keynote Carmac stated they are working in get their next games out faster than the old (1 Doom every decade ;) ) I will also enjoy playing the new levels. You want to bitch about money grabbing talk to the @ssholes at Blizzard...charging up to $250 REAL money for a top end weapon/armor. I am so sorry I bought Diablo3..it coulda been a great game if not for the bean counters! I look forward to all things id makes but especially DOOM4 and maybe another QUAKE someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.