DOOM Beta Limited to PC, PS4 and Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Doesn't this defeat the purpose of a beta/demo? The idea is to allow people to see a little bit of the game to wet their appetite and lure them into buying the final product. Kind of tarnishes what made Doom, Doom!

Shadowarez

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
Oh well maybe just maybe and I know ill catch hell for this but maybe niw Johns gone doom 4 will be good or we could end. Up with Rage 2.0.

Well if it is anything at all like Doom 3 then it will be great! The opposite of SHIT!

Shadowarez

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
I rem playing alpha for doom 3 while in university was quite cool to run command in Cmd to build the game and show off prowess of my old rig back then.

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
the mood of doom 3 was pretty good, but the puzzle was missing, it's all too obvious where to go with current games. you need to search, and find secrets...

Drejeck

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Well, I enjoyed a lot Doom3 on the Xbox, but also Half-Life 2 (both PC & Xbox) and most of all The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, which was the winner between iD and Valve's games.I'm playing Rage really slowly but I enjoy it, I have to admit that Bethesda is too dominant in this particular game and I don't like that. To me Bethesda means bug, loads of bugs, and no graphic or programming prowess. I like the TES series (the online one sucks badly though) but an FPS has to be completely polished, perfect like a diamond, their RPG is far from this, they spend time for the contents, iD spent time on the engine. If you remember the past there was a number of FPS spawning after each release of the iD tech making the others "Doom-like" or "Quake-like". Well, I'd like to see other iD tech based games just like old times.

Billy_bSLAYER

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
We just installed Doom 3 for our kids, 5.5yrs and 4yrs. Back when I played it worked on a 9800pro now it's on a 770 with higher screen resolution using less energy.

viliu24

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
can't w8 for new doom release. I can't w8 to have a dumbed down a symbol between gaming community such as tips or trainers "aim to enemy" and "press mb1 to shoot" , or the amazing features "u are outside of the combat area" or the extra content as dlc weapon pack 1 "the new amazing rocket launcher" and incoming dlc weapon pack 2 "bfg" , or the amazing AI stucked behind a table , oh and almost forget about then new improved checkpoint save system. But remember the game wont be a simple port from consoles to PC , it will be a complete build for PC , although a "xbox" controller is "strongly" recommended. But all in all , i bet is going to be a great game since is going to be under Bethesda management who literally messed some previous games... Today games are made by accountants , in the old days they were made by gamers , and that says all.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Will this be on the ID Tech 5? I played Rage and it was good but had problems with their megatextures when moving fast. I guess I need an SSD as its hard on a HDD.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
The flashlight issue was perhaps the DUMBEST thing every on a AAA game. You are a trained solider... in a giant complex and you can't TAPE a flashlight to your weapon or your helmet or your body armor?! I remember an article or blog post... Something like this:

Step 1 - Walk in dark area with flash light.
Step 2 - Monster comes at you.
Step 3 - Turn off flash light and switch to guns.
Step 4 - Fire your weapon in the dark in the general area you last saw the monster.
Step 5 - Switch to flash light... see if monster is dead.
If still ALIVE, repeat Steps 3~5.
Step 6 - Continue to walk though near- pitch black black room... looking for monsters.

The game looked good... it played good. I installed the flashlight MOD to make it playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.