Double Port Fowarding Help

pereduran

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
Well, here's my situation. I am using a Netgear WNDR3700. Now, only until recently have I found out that my router is in a double router situation. Information about the Netgear is as follows:

IP Address: 192.168.1.137
IP Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Two Domain Names

Now this router is obviously connected to another modem, which is a Binatone ADSL2+.
This router is accessible by using 192.168.1.1. Here is the status of this modem.

IP Address
:

Subnet Mask
:

DHCP Server
:
Disabled
WAN

Virtual Circuit
:
PVC2

Status
:
Not Connected

Connection Type
:
Dynamic IP

IP Address
:

Subnet Mask
:

Default Gateway
:

Primary DNS
:

Secondary DNS
:

NAT
:
Enabled

What I'm trying to achieve is to port foward two ports, 49200 and 49210. How should I go about doing this. Technically, I have set up the port fowarding for both devices, but I am still getting a fail.

Solution
You want to avoid double router.

Best option: if your modem has that settings, put it in "bridge mode" or "modem only mode" and dissable wifi. This will make your modem only act as a modem now.
Next best option: convert the netgear to an access point. Assign netgear a static IP (preferably 192.168.1.2 but you will need to make sure that address is NOT in DHCP range of modem router), then disable DHCP on netgear, then connect modem router to LAN port of netgear (so not the WAN port).
If you have access to both assign a fixed IP to your Netgear (.137) and then put that IP address in the DMZ of the Binatone to see if that helps. Is there any need for the two router situation? Why not connect the Netgear to the Binatone LAN to LAN, turn of DHCP on one of them and the firewall on one of them and then run the Netgear as a Switch/WAP?

rupsingh2900

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017

You want to avoid double router.

Best option: if your modem has that settings, put it in "bridge mode" or "modem only mode" and dissable wifi. This will make your modem only act as a modem now.
Next best option: convert the netgear to an access point. Assign netgear a static IP (preferably 192.168.1.2 but you will need to make sure that address is NOT in DHCP range of modem router), then disable DHCP on netgear, then connect modem router to LAN port of netgear (so not the WAN port).

Solution