Question Doubts about my first build

May 11, 2024
Hello everyone, I have been researching and studying my first build for weeks now, and before proceeding I wanted to make sure that everything works. I have a 2k UHD monitor and i will use this PC for work purpose like 3d Animation and Rendering stuff .
I'm from italy and most of the stuff I'll get on amazon, I'll link you my build from the pcpartpicker site to make it easier BUILD
So if you notice the RAM is not there because it's not on the site,i wanted to use this one, Kingston
My doubt is about "MTS",what does it mean and what is the difference with "Mhz?" If there is one thing I've got about RAM it's that for my case I need AMD EXPO certification with 6k MHZ and CL30 . Now , since the options with the white style are really few ,I wanted to know if these Kingston are right for me , alternatively I considered these TEAMGROUP
Another question is about the motherboard, I'm not sure about the GPU compatibility although the website doesn't report any problems, I want to refer to the "PCIE 5.0 " connectivity but i don't know very well. Let me know if the rest of components suits good please , Thank you guys

Lutfij

Titan
My doubt is about "MTS",what does it mean and what is the difference with "Mhz?"
https://www.kingston.com/en/blog/pc-performance/mts-vs-mhz

They are both CL30's and you're looking at a white ram kit to round off your white build. I'd pick TeamGroup's rams to keep it clean.

I actually helped a friend build his PC using this ram kit;
https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product...b-ddr5-6600-cl32-memory-cmp64gx5m2x6600c32few
paired with an MSI B650I Edge WiFi board and a Ryzen 7 7800x3D

Just an FYI, you can choose your location using the drop down menu to the top right hand corner.

Your build looks fine as is.

Reactions: OldcrashWarUS
So if you notice the RAM is not there because it's not on the site,i wanted to use this one, Kingston
My doubt is about "MTS",what does it mean and what is the difference with "Mhz?" If there is one thing I've got about RAM it's that for my case I need AMD EXPO certification with 6k MHZ and CL30 . Now , since the options with the white style are really few ,I wanted to know if these Kingston are right for me , alternatively I considered these TEAMGROUP
It's all in the name - DDR (double data rate).
6000MT/s RAM actually runs at 3000MHz. MHz measures the number of times the RAM can change voltage per second, whereas MT/s is megatransfers per second. This is the amount of data the RAM transfers per second. Confusion comes in when people start referring to the 6000+ speed as MHz, which is not technically correct.

The build is compatible. You're going to want at least 48GBs of RAM and possibly more storage for video editing. What are your expectations with this build? The system you priced out is for mid-tier video editing and will have its limits when compared to $4000+ systems.

May 11, 2024
6000MT/s RAM actually runs at 3000MHz.
perfect , just as i excepcted , thanks for the clarification i will go with T-group to be honest at this point .
You're going to want at least 48GBs of RAM and possibly more storage for video editing.

what do you suggest? using x3 slots of RAM?
More storage like 4tb ?
What are your expectations with this build?
First of all study and learning , practicing and improving animation 3D and rendering scenes skills using programs like Blender, Zbrush, maybe Cinema 4d i'm not sure,stuff like that you know. My expectations are quite fine , i mean , if i would ever need upgrading the build ,and i hope for myself, it's because it means it worked!
The system you priced out is for mid-tier video editing and will have its limits when compared to $4000+ systems.
Well, i know it's not a super strong setup , also , 4k$ here in italy prices are so much different! and trust me the money i'm spending on this are higher than it seems! By the way, i'm approacing in this world as a neophyte

perfect , just as i excepcted , thanks for the clarification i will go with T-group to be honest at this point .

More storage like 4tb ?

First of all study and learning , practicing and improving animation 3D and rendering scenes skills using programs like Blender, Zbrush, maybe Cinema 4d i'm not sure,stuff like that you know. My expectations are quite fine , i mean , if i would ever need upgrading the build ,and i hope for myself, it's because it means it worked!

Well, i know it's not a super strong setup , also , 4k$ here in italy prices are so much different! and trust me the money i'm spending on this are higher than it seems! By the way, i'm approacing in this world as a neophyte
It actually is pretty "strong" system, only 7950x is better CPU for those uses.
Go with that Kingston RAM, no problems with it, generally Kingston makes most AMD compatible RAM. Don't use 3 sticks though, only in pair or 4. 2x 32GB would be ideal. Reevaluate need for such expensive MB unless you are dead set on white, B650 MBs have almost same features, some even more, just don't get Asus. Don't worry about PCIe gen5, it will take few years to make use of it, certainly not for that GPU.
Most modern MBs have 2 or more M.2 BVMe slots, you can always upgrade fast storage when needed.

May 11, 2024
It actually is pretty "strong" system, only 7950x is better CPU for those uses.
indeed , this morning i was considering about that , but i can improve this setup in one way because that's the budget, i wont go further because the build for me is already expensive .
Go with that Kingston RAM, no problems with it, generally Kingston makes most AMD compatible RAM. Don't use 3 sticks though, only in pair or 4. 2x 32GB would be ideal.
im not sure anymore and also the 64 version is around 423 $ which is , very expensive. I'm looking for some good pair of 64gb version speaking in therms of value/efficiency and cant decide, maybe should i go x4 of t-create ? is that bad doing that?
Reevaluate need for such expensive MB unless you are dead set on white, B650 MBs have almost same features, some even more, just don't get Asus.
which one you suggest? i did a rapid search and prices are almost the same by the way as my x670e

TheHerald

Upstanding
Feb 15, 2024
Hello everyone, I have been researching and studying my first build for weeks now, and before proceeding I wanted to make sure that everything works. I have a 2k UHD monitor and i will use this PC for work purpose like 3d Animation and Rendering stuff .
I'm from italy and most of the stuff I'll get on amazon, I'll link you my build from the pcpartpicker site to make it easier BUILD
Another question is about the motherboard, I'm not sure about the GPU compatibility although the website doesn't report any problems, I want to refer to the "PCIE 5.0 " connectivity but i don't know very well. Let me know if the rest of components suits good please , Thank you guys
If you don't care about upgradability a 14700k is faster on everything youll be doing on that pc. Especially quicksync might come in handy

May 11, 2024
So is this going to sit on your desk, or under it?
on my desk sir
If you don't care about upgradability a 14700k is faster on everything youll be doing on that pc. Especially quicksync might come in handy
not sure , if i have to upgrade the cpu i would go with 7950X . Okay about the upgrading ssd in future , but what i have to do with ram i am so confused right now

More storage like 4tb ?

I meant use 2x24GB of RAM and maybe 2x 2TB NVMe SSD. The 4070 Super is ok, but the more VRAM you have the better. It's a decent mid-level rendering rig, definitely not high end. Cinema 4D can eat up VRAM.

I'm not saying it's bad, mind you. I just want to make sure your expectations are in line.

oh ok cool , so what you suggest me to do ? what should i improve ? i can give priority to just one thing so what will be ?
7900X -> 7950X , 32 -> 48/64GB of RAM (and if so which one?) , or 2x2TB NVMe SSD?
Thank you very much
The biggest enhancement would be more RAM (but only if you'll be working on renders that require it) or more drive space (but only if you would run out, otherwise).

There's no way for me to know if what you plan on doing will need more than what you have already selected.

If it were me, I would go with 2x32GB. It's easy to add another drive later, but if you have only 2x16GB now and need more, putting another 2x16GBs in (using all 4 slots) may force you to run them at slower speeds and with looser timings. Not a major deal but something easily aoidable by bumping up the RAM from the start.

May 11, 2024
If it were me, I would go with 2x32GB. It's easy to add another drive later, but if you have only 2x16GB now and need more, putting another 2x16GBs in (using all 4 slots) may force you to run them at slower speeds and with looser timings. Not a major deal but something easily aoidable by bumping up the RAM from the start.
I dont, im still looking because this is my first build ever! And as you said , the extra storage could be an option if needed but the RAM requirements its for sure! And now, i am just a bit confused because of the AMD EXPO certification and XMP , some people say "just marketing its the same" others dont. I just need to know which one should i pick for my case :(
Thanks

May 11, 2024
Rather than going on fishing expeditions, sit down and make a list of all the bottlenecks you experience on your current PC
How ? I cant understand if something is going in the right direction , im here asking every doubts for that
and hopefully not just about what color scheme catches your fancy. Talk about superficial details.
I think not everybody is the same , i care about aestethic , especially if im spending many money , so yes if im doing everything white i appreciate if a memory RAM with good stats it pairs with the rest of the build :)

I dont, im still looking because this is my first build ever! And as you said , the extra storage could be an option if needed but the RAM requirements its for sure! And now, i am just a bit confused because of the AMD EXPO certification and XMP , some people say "just marketing its the same" others dont. I just need to know which one should i pick for my case :(
Thanks
The RAM requirements are not for sure, but upgrading the RAM can be more of a headache later. EXPO is nice but many times the XMP setting will work fine for AMD too when using just two sticks.
My point about the RAM is more that you want to avoid running 4 sticks due to instability at higher speeds. Sometimes, depending on the board and RAM, even base EXPO/XMP settings won't work if 4 sticks are used. If you buy 2x32GBs you'll be fine on RAM for this build.

Reactions: CountMike