[SOLVED] Downgrading BIOS on ASUS TUF Dash F15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2021
Much like the title says, I'm trying to downgrade the BIOS on my ASUS TUF Dash F15 (2021), as I can't get the Thunderbolt-4 to display anything, and it appears this is an issue people started having after a newer BIOS version. Any tips/ways to downgrade? I'm tech-savvy but I've never done any sort of BIOS flashing and getting advice from the fine folks of this forum seems like a good idea instead of going head-first and messing something up potentially.

Thanks so much in advance!

Edit: The reason I'm trying to downgrade specifically is that I'm trying to get my VR kit to work, and the thunderbolt/USB-C port isn't getting any output, and someone said they were having a similar issue after a BIOS update.

Solution
Unless you've upgrade past a specific BIOS update that said specifically that after upgrading to this version or newer you cannot downgrade, then the process is simply the same as upgrading. Download the required BIOS version, go into the BIOS and run your BIOS update utility and point it to the desired firmware version OR use Flashback/Q-flash Plus or whatever method is available but I do NOT recommend using online or desktop update methods.
Unless you've upgrade past a specific BIOS update that said specifically that after upgrading to this version or newer you cannot downgrade, then the process is simply the same as upgrading. Download the required BIOS version, go into the BIOS and run your BIOS update utility and point it to the desired firmware version OR use Flashback/Q-flash Plus or whatever method is available but I do NOT recommend using online or desktop update methods.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.