Arturovski

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016
Hi,
I want to download an entire website for offline viewing. There's a website on which I can view all my grades from school, as well as all comments and other information. However, since I'm done with school, I will lose access to my account and won't be able to view them anymore. My school doesn't offer any solutions for this (no database or anything downloadable).
I'd like to download that website with all its information (only text) for offline viewing on my computer.
This just has to be made so I can click on any link on the site and it takes me to another part of the page (ex. a subject) and works just like using the actual page. To access the website, I need to log in so none of the converters work.
Any solutions or software?

Solution
I want to download an entire website for offline viewing.

You cannot.

Websites like that aren't just static text.
Every click you make kicks off a request to retrieve info from the backend database. And not ALL the info, just what your account is allowed to see.

Solutions:
As above, go through the site, Print to PDF
or
Ask the school for a transcript of your info.

logainofhades

Titan
Easy solution, using chrome anyway, choose print, then when it asks for what printer choose, choose print to PDF. I do this all the time, at work, for quotes, for purchases.

Like say I want to order something from Grainger, I would print my cart to a PDF, so it can be attached to the purchase order request.

Reactions: Arturovski

USAFRet

Titan
I want to download an entire website for offline viewing.

You cannot.

Websites like that aren't just static text.
Every click you make kicks off a request to retrieve info from the backend database. And not ALL the info, just what your account is allowed to see.

Solutions:
As above, go through the site, Print to PDF
or
Ask the school for a transcript of your info.

Reactions: Arturovski
Solution

Arturovski

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016
I made a screenshot of every part of the site I wanted to save and made it all into one pdf file with hyperlinks for each page, seems like a good solution.
Thanks anyways!