[SOLVED] Download speeds vs. upload

wogfor

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2016
I don't use a great deal of bandwidth, so I pay for a lower level of 10 Mps. on DSL It serves me fine for streaming my Netflix or Youtube, and daily internet needs. It can be a pain though, when I need to download larger files such as a video or game files. (Doom took something like 14 hours) but I live with it.

What I am concerned with is my upload speeds. Testing shows average download speeds averaging 8.5 Mps. or more, which I'm told is typical as you never get your full speed you pay for. Upload speeds however, show at around 0.60 Mps on average. Is this normal or does my ISP suck? If I needed to upload large video files or something, that would be unusable I think.

Thanks

Solution
I'm no expert but you could unplug your internet and try again. Was something downloading while you were testing or using the internet? If you normally have 0.6mps then you wouldn't be able to post this nearly, and definitely not watch Netflix.

oliver.kausland

Commendable
Sep 15, 2018
I'm no expert but you could unplug your internet and try again. Was something downloading while you were testing or using the internet? If you normally have 0.6mps then you wouldn't be able to post this nearly, and definitely not watch Netflix.

Solution