Download the Windows 7 Product Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdgamer666

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
This is useful, up until seeing a commercial about it, I didn't even know about the feature that allows you to drag windows to the left or right and windows maximizes it to half the screen, very useful btw (well at least for people who use only 1 monitor). I will definitely look through this.

mitchmeister03

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
"Think you know know all there is to know about Windows 7?"

It would be better as "Windows 7, you think you know know!"
-In the tune of What!-

uh_no

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I appreciate that the author of this article had it in himself to write a news article which isn't filled with his own personal biases.

Thank You.

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Thumbs up here! Great article Marcus, unbiased, natural, and professional. Continue writing articles this way and the negativity that people have against you will "disappear".

As for this guide, it is a good guide to read, it reveals some things that people didn't know about Windows 7.

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
would be nice if we could actually get a COMPLETE manual, not a 140 page list of featrues.

Just a basic user manual, including instructions, best practices, common comands, definitions of settings, etc. Yea, it would be 1500 pages, but its time users were given SOMETHING again, at least in digital form, instead of being forced to wait months then buy a hard copy of a manual from a 3rd party at great expense.

Even an online version on technet would be nice, but that's curretly not even a viable option given the content.

Personally, I don't really need the manual, but at least a complete starter guide, how to get set-up, secure, online, connected to devices, and where to find things Vista and XP users commonly use that have moved/changed would be a several hundred page guide, how to back up, etc, deperately needs to be provided.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I like the part saying "Works the Way You Want" ; that's something no Microsoft product has ever done in the past, and something no Linux distro ever has a chance to accomplish. And let's not get started on OsX where nothing is possible, but at least you know it in advance.

G

Wow! For once it's not a flash slide requiring silverlight to run!
That means we can cut the crap of an over-amount of pictures,and get some actual useful info like text?

Nah, by the size it looks to me even PDF files are filled with unnecessary pictures!

I'm just so glad PDF does not support flash!

precariousgray

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
I wonder if this will tell me how to disbable taskbar thumbnails when using Aero, although I doubt it, since Microsoft isn't interested in allowing users to disable things which should be easily disabled, and the only workaround is to set it to display after 50000 milliseconds, which is absurd.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I dl'd both. I recommend the PDF. It is twice the size of the XPS but scrolls much better/faster. There's a lot of pictures and the XPS verison lags something terribly.

Just thought I'd pass it on.

cybrcatter

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Thanks for the article.
The download is VERY fast, I got 2.5 MB/s. I've never hit that speed!
The majority the booklet shameless self promotion, but there are nice little tidbits of information scattered throughout. Pages 92-121 have pretty good descriptions of 'under-the-hood' aspect of the OS.

One of the coolest features that I was unaware of is the dynamic driver provisioning. Pretty sweet stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.