[SOLVED] Downloading drivers by hardware ID

jzunconquered

Prominent
Feb 1, 2019
So, to keep this brief, my windows 10 imploded. Couldn’t boot, couldn’t reset, nothing. Tried a couple things to no avail and decided I’d just start fresh.

Only problem is I only have a windows 7 USB, and I installed that in the meantime intending to upgrade to 10.

The installation didn’t touch a lot of drivers, most importantly for the moment my network and USB drivers.

I have an old prebuilt PC, and while they have chipset drivers on the site, they’re all for windows 10.

I was wondering if I could download the specific drivers by their hardware IDs in versions compatible with windows 7, burn them to a disc, then install them on this pc.

If that’s something I can do, is there a good website to use to find them?

Thanks

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What is the make/model of the pre-built computer? It should be fairly easy to determine what chipset and network adapter the motherboard uses (and the drivers needed).

Many "driver" sites are laden with malware and viruses. You should be able to get what you need from legit sites.

Reactions: jzunconquered

jzunconquered

Prominent
Feb 1, 2019
What is the make/model of the pre-built computer? It should be fairly easy to determine what chipset and network adapter the motherboard uses (and the drivers needed).

Many "driver" sites are laden with malware and viruses. You should be able to get what you need from legit sites.
Thank you for taking the time to respond, and for your words of warning.
The PC is an Acer g6-710 predator. I believe the motherboard is an intel z170, but I am not certain as they’ve released many of this model with different specs over the years...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Reactions: jzunconquered
Solution