Question Downstream Line Rate fall suddenly

Apr 8, 2020
hi
i have dsl-2520u modem , its in bridge mode , when i reboot modem i have about 3200 kb/s Downstream Line Rate , after few hours of work modem stop for few seconds and Downstream Line Rate fall suddenly to 500 kb/s .
in modem log i get :
SNMP TRAP 3: link up
SNMP TRAP 2: link down
SNMP TRAP 3: link up
and my internet speed get slow , if i reboot modem it get fixed and happen again .

It just means the line is taking too many errors and the modem/router is dropping to a lower speed. You can check the cabling in your house and maybe try to plug the modem in where the cable enters the house to test.

In most cases this is a problem with the wires out in the street someplace and only the ISP can fix it.

Apr 8, 2020
It just means the line is taking too many errors and the modem/router is dropping to a lower speed. You can check the cabling in your house and maybe try to plug the modem in where the cable enters the house to test.

In most cases this is a problem with the wires out in the street someplace and only the ISP can fix it.

i tested where cable enter house and its same , nothing i can do in modem setting that force it not reduce line rate ?