[SOLVED] DRAM frequency not correct i have 2666(1333mhz) but it says 933mhz on cpu-z

Solution
Based on the HWinfo information, your memory is running at 2400mhz, not 1866mhz like what was reported by the other utilities. 1199mhz x2 is 2400mhz.

It seems that the FX505D is supposed to have support for up to 2666mhz, but as you say I don't see any option in the BIOS for memory settings, at least not in the EZ mode. Try changing the BIOS to advanced mode by pressing F7 while you are in the BIOS. That should bring up a lot of other settings not available in EZ mode.

The only other common option would be to disconnect from power. Remove the main battery. Find and remove or disconnect the CMOS battery and leave it out for five minutes as well as pressing the power button for about ten seconds while it's out. Then put it all back...
Your memory is running at 1866mhz, which is MORE, FASTER, than 1333mhz.

It is DDR (Double Data Rate) so 933 x2 is 1866mhz. Not sure why you have, or think you have, support for 2666mhz or have 2666mhz memory installed, but if your system is pre-2015 then it's DDR3 and 1866mhz would be a good speed for practically any laptop from that era. Better than most actually.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
There's another image in the slide, that's got me once before too not realising.

What laptop model is it? Is ram installed soldered or is it changeable and you changed it?

Boot to bios and look for memory tweaking options. If laptop supports XMP, it'll be in there.

Yeah, you're right. It's a Ryzen 7 machine so it's supposed to be 1333mhz x2 for 2666mhz, and obviously it's not.

That memory module part number indicates a Micron SODIMM that is removeable according to the Micron website.

I'd say there's something definitely wrong, because even without XMP at the default setting it should not be possible for it to be at 933mhz. Minimum should be 1066mhz for most DDR4 especially since this part number shows 2666mhz HOWEVER there IS 1866mhz DDR4, so that might be what is going on is that it is an early DDR4 system and default is 1866, not 2133. Look for XMP or A-XMP or DOCP memory settings in the BIOS.

I FULLY do not trust what you are seeing in CPU-Z or Speccy though. They might be right, but I'm skeptical because I've seen them misreport many times before. Download HWinfo. Install it. Run it. Choose the "Sensors only" option. Scroll down to the memory section and see what speed THAT shows it to be running at.

Reactions: boju
Based on the HWinfo information, your memory is running at 2400mhz, not 1866mhz like what was reported by the other utilities. 1199mhz x2 is 2400mhz.

It seems that the FX505D is supposed to have support for up to 2666mhz, but as you say I don't see any option in the BIOS for memory settings, at least not in the EZ mode. Try changing the BIOS to advanced mode by pressing F7 while you are in the BIOS. That should bring up a lot of other settings not available in EZ mode.

The only other common option would be to disconnect from power. Remove the main battery. Find and remove or disconnect the CMOS battery and leave it out for five minutes as well as pressing the power button for about ten seconds while it's out. Then put it all back together. That will hard reset the BIOS and in some cases force it to reconfigure the memory and other hardware settings.

Solution