[SOLVED] DRAM led on, no post on arrival - but after tested by system builder/retailer

ppg20

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
Hi, I tried the sticky on this subject.

Specs:
Asus x570 gaming plus
Ryzen 5800x
Asus Cerberus 1050ti 4GB
4x8GB HyperX rgb ddr4 3200MHz
ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO, M.2 - 512GB
Toshiba P300, 3,5" - 2TB
EVGA SuperNova 750W

btw I know the GPU is relatively obsolete, I've chosen a cheap one while waiting for 3080 to be available to have ANY PC

This is a brand new system, that was put together at a retailer and tested. On the test sheet it shows 31.92GB of memory. I ordered it without Windows (why pay for it) with the idea of installing it myself after the fact. Afaic what they did was build the PC, install Windows 10, check if everything works, compile the test sheet somehow (from BIOS I guess) and then removed Windows after. When it arrived I had a brief look inside, touched few things, few cables, nothing special. Plugged in wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, the installation media flash disc and monitor. No post. Won't even send a video signal. The system turns on, all ventilators are on, rgb on cpu cooler and RAM is on, PSU light and mobo light is on. I had to turn it off via PSU switch because the front power switch wouldn't turn it off. After one or two tries I've noticed the DRAM orange led on the mobo is on. I tried removing RAM sticks and moving them around between slots with enought variety. Checked 12v connector for cpu (8 pin on left upper corner). Btw the RAM and probably the M.2 disc aren't on the mobo QVL list. I might try doing something with BIOS (the test sheet says: System Bios - American Megatrends Inc. 5.17), but the test sheet doesn't have the ASUS BIOS version listed (current available is 2807 which is a number format that doesn't correspond with anything on the sheet).

The thing I don't understand is what could have gone wrong between them testing it, presumably installing Windows etc and me getting it and trying to run the system. The worst case scenario is sending it back and I've asked the retailer what their input is on this, but I thought I might as well try here. Thanks.

Solution
Done that, no change. I really don't want to try to reseat the cpu or start uplugging the wires in case I have to send it back and they recognize that and may have problems with it as far as a "warranty" or something.
Don't rerun the wires however i would recommend unplugging everything and reseat the power cords.
Hi, I tried the sticky on this subject.

Specs:
Asus x570 gaming plus
Ryzen 5800x
Asus Cerberus 1050ti 4GB
4x8GB HyperX rgb ddr4 3200MHz
ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO, M.2 - 512GB
Toshiba P300, 3,5" - 2TB
EVGA SuperNova 750W

btw I know the GPU is relatively obsolete, I've chosen a cheap one while waiting for 3080 to be available to have ANY PC

This is a brand new system, that was put together at a retailer and tested. On the test sheet it shows 31.92GB of memory. I ordered it without Windows (why pay for it) with the idea of installing it myself after the fact. Afaic what they did was build the PC, install Windows 10, check if everything works, compile the test sheet somehow (from BIOS I guess) and then removed Windows after. When it arrived I had a brief look inside, touched few things, few cables, nothing special. Plugged in wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, the installation media flash disc and monitor. No post. Won't even send a video signal. The system turns on, all ventilators are on, rgb on cpu cooler and RAM is on, PSU light and mobo light is on. I had to turn it off via PSU switch because the front power switch wouldn't turn it off. After one or two tries I've noticed the DRAM orange led on the mobo is on. I tried removing RAM sticks and moving them around between slots with enought variety. Checked 12v connector for cpu (8 pin on left upper corner). Btw the RAM and probably the M.2 disc aren't on the mobo QVL list. I might try doing something with BIOS (the test sheet says: System Bios - American Megatrends Inc. 5.17), but the test sheet doesn't have the ASUS BIOS version listed (current available is 2807 which is a number format that doesn't correspond with anything on the sheet).

The thing I don't understand is what could have gone wrong between them testing it, presumably installing Windows etc and me getting it and trying to run the system. The worst case scenario is sending it back and I've asked the retailer what their input is on this, but I thought I might as well try here. Thanks.
Have you tried clearing the bios something may have gotten adjust on accident that shouldn't have. Pull the watch type battery from mobo with psu unplugged hold the power button for 30s x2 times. It should reset your bios to default.

ppg20

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
Have you tried clearing the bios something may have gotten adjust on accident that shouldn't have. Pull the watch type battery from mobo with psu unplugged hold the power button for 30s x2 times. It should reset your bios to default.
Done that, no change. I really don't want to try to reseat the cpu or start uplugging the wires in case I have to send it back and they recognize that and may have problems with it as far as a "warranty" or something.