Feb 7, 2022
Hi,
I have a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max and 2 8gb sticks of eam group Vulcan Z T-Force.
My brother recently swapped our RAM as he wanted to test the differences and when I reinstalled my memory, everything lights up and powers on except for the fact that the DRAM LED stays lit and I can’t get onto windows, BIOS etc.
I have removed the sticks, cleaned them and reinstalled them and nothing so far.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which slots did you populate the sticks of ram on the board? Per the manual they should be populating slots A2 and B2. You can try and reset the BIOS by disconnecting the system from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. While the battery is out, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain any residual power on the board.

Replace the battery after 30 minutes and see if you can get POST, then get into BIOS(after spamming that DEL key).

Lutfij

Titan

Which slots did you populate the sticks of ram on the board? Per the manual they should be populating slots A2 and B2. You can try and reset the BIOS by disconnecting the system from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. While the battery is out, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain any residual power on the board.

Replace the battery after 30 minutes and see if you can get POST, then get into BIOS(after spamming that DEL key).

Reactions: Jodysavage
Solution
Feb 7, 2022

i will try that tomorrow however I have just swapped out RAM over again and both sets of memory work on his pc and both of them fail on mine. Could this be a problem with the actual slots aka the motherboard?