Question DRAM light is red and there's no display ?

Apr 8, 2023
Yesterday i did An upgrade for my CPU, GPU and powersuply. I took out all the old parts and put the new ones back in. To make everything easier, I also took out my ram. when I had everything in it and everything correct connected i tried to boot the computer when i did everything turned on all RGb and all fans started spinning . Only the red light on my motherboard stays on at DRAM I have tried all ram sticks 1 by 1 in all slots when I do that sometimes the red light stays still at CPU on the motherboard But when I move on to the next ram slot, the light stops at DRAM again, how do I fix this?

SPECS:

Motherboard: Aorus B450 Elite
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5600x
PSU: Corsair RM850x
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070
RAM: 4x Corsair vengance RGB Pro 3200mhz

Please help its an verry important thing in my live and i neef it to work.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Possible culprits. Bios hasn't been updated, cooler overtighten stressing cpu pins or bent cpu pin(s).

If none of the above try reset cmos. Did you disable xmp before changing cpus? Wouldn't have damaged components not doing so but can muck up system stability. Though i don't think that would cause dram debug light but try clear cmos anyhow.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Your motherboards BIOS needs to be at least running version F61 for the 5600x to work. What cpu were you running in it before? I dont think your motherboard has BIOS Flash so if you didnt update your BIOS before the cpu upgrade, you will have to reinsert your old cpu in order to update it.

Apr 8, 2023
Your motherboards BIOS needs to be at least running version F61 for the 5600x to work. What cpu were you running in it before? I dont think your motherboard has BIOS Flash so if you didnt update your BIOS before the cpu upgrade, you will have to reinsert your old cpu in order to update it.
I was running a AMD ryzen 5 3600x before. I Will try this out.

Apr 8, 2023
IT WORKED!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Reactions: kurdtnz

TRENDING THREADS