Question Drive suddenly invisible to BIOS - can't boot to a system

Oct 5, 2020
So I went away from my PC, locked it with Win+L, and guess what - I come back, it's in the BIOS. F8 - no bootable devices.
I thought that it was just my NVMe acting up again so I unplugged the power as I did to fix this kind of problem. But didn't help.
I thought maybe some other OS can help like Mint 19, but it did not. it does not see my drive.
Now it's a 500GB model from Aorus, and I put big files (5-10GB) on there often, and I am really sure that a drive can't fail THIS soon. I'm sure the drive is not dead nor the M.2 is - it has a glowing part, lucky me, and it does glow.
I also cleaned CMOS but didn't work too.
My mobo is a B450-E from Asus (ROG), and I have the latest BIOS - 4204. Have to use the "invisible" M.2 under the CPU as the heatsink of the drive makes it impossible to fit into the lower slot.
Has anyone got ideas?

So I went away from my PC, locked it with Win+L, and guess what - I come back, it's in the BIOS. F8 - no bootable devices.
I thought that it was just my NVMe acting up again so I unplugged the power as I did to fix this kind of problem. But didn't help.
I thought maybe some other OS can help like Mint 19, but it did not. it does not see my drive.
Now it's a 500GB model from Aorus, and I put big files (5-10GB) on there often, and I am really sure that a drive can't fail THIS soon. I'm sure the drive is not dead nor the M.2 is - it has a glowing part, lucky me, and it does glow.
I also cleaned CMOS but didn't work too.
My mobo is a B450-E from Asus (ROG), and I have the latest BIOS - 4204. Have to use the "invisible" M.2 under the CPU as the heatsink of the drive makes it impossible to fit into the lower slot.
Has anyone got ideas?
Are you talking about NVMe drive ?

Oct 5, 2020
I don't feel good.
I just swapped my M.2 slot but the system doesn't see any drives, still. Let's hope the drive isn't fried nor the firmware is not corrupt.

Oct 5, 2020
Well, probably the drive somehow fried itself as I tried 4 OS installs and they all returned that drives either were not found or are 0 bytes in capacity. I'll return it with the warranty I got.
If you ask what I tried then:
Mint 19.3
Ubuntu 20.04 (LTS)
Fedora 32
Windows 8.1