Question Driver issues with 3060 Ti ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2021
I recently build an entirely new system including a Ryzen 5 5600X and a 3060Ti. I've been running into constant freezes and crashes in game and while watching videos. I think/hope its just a badly optimized driver issue.
So far I've tried rolling back to the 457 driver (the first one that supports the 3060) and uninstalling and reinstalling the driver completely without any success though.

I can't really think of anything else that could cause the issue. I've tried monitoring gpu activity but don't know enough to be able to tell if something is off.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

My full speclist:

Ryzen 5 5600X
GeForce RTX3060Ti Founders Edition
ASUS Rog Strix B550-I
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Samsung Evo 970 M.2
NZXT 650W SFX-L 80+ Gold

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you use DDU to remove your GPU drivers? If so, try installing the drivers(latest) manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. You might also want to see what BIOS version and OS version you're on at the moment.

Jan 6, 2021
Yea i did use DDU to remove the driver. Bios should be the most recent one since I flashed it when I set up the system. Same with windows.
I'll try to manually install the most recent driver.

Jan 6, 2021
It was a completely fresh build and I'm pretty sure I installed all the drivers for my motherboard. I jsut downloaded everything from ASUS support page and installed it.
I haven't tried restoring the BIOS yet but I might try that soon.
I did log some sensor data with GPU-Z and added it to this post. It's quite a lot of data but several freezes happened during that period. Maybe someone can spot something thats out of order.

GPU-Z Sensor Log

you might want to download the file for proper formatting.

Thanks for the support!!

Jan 6, 2021
Verify that you're running BIOS version 1202.

-Wolf sends
I'm running BIOS version 1401 which is the most recent stable update. There are two BETA options available I could try.

just hope it is not a hardware issue. i'm using the the released driver for 3060Ti as well never had any issues with it yet so far. what kind of freeze did you have?
The screen freezes and depending on the game it recovers itself after a while or stays frozen. Once the screen unfreezes though all the models and textures are getting reloaded.
I have also realized that sometimes the image is frozen but the game itself is still working as I was able to still click things and get audio feedback.

Do you have XMP enabled in the bios? if so, try disabling it and see if the crashing goes away. You might want to run Memtest as well.
I have just reset my BIOS to default settings.

Still no luck. Same freeze just happened again.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021
how do you reproduce this issue? Do you play youtube videos in one monitor while gaming on another monitor? It's strange because GPU has separated cores for video encoding/decoding.

i just unintentionally recorded my desktop for 8 hours 4k 60fps with nvidia recording (played for 2 hours and idling for 6 hrs) and it still worked well
i'm using RTX3060ti latest game ready driver that i just installed yesterday (previously i'm using studio driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.