[SOLVED] Driver or Hardware Issue? RTX 3070

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zensuki2

Honorable
Dec 13, 2015
So to put the full story into place. I finally got my hands on a RTX 3070 and after getting the drivers installed and running some benchmarks it seems to be running just fine.

The Issue:
I didn't have any problems with any of the Ghost Recon games, my benchmarks and surprisingly no issues with Cyberpunk (I have yet to try all my games)...however I did notice I have a issue if I try to screen share on discord as it causes multiple issues like - ICUE freezing up, audio stutters, discord mic issues (I have to reconnect for mic) and sometimes video stutter. The only other thing to cause this other than Discord screen share is Disgaea 5 but it seems to only happen at startup and gameplay is smooth afterwards

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2x16GB)
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce OC 3070
(Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti previously)
PSU: EVGA G5 850W

What I've tried:
Reinstall Drivers
DDU and Reinstall Drivers
Restarting PC (x3)

Side Note:
I haven't tried VR yet to see if I have issues with it.

Solution
Thanks for your reply Rdgeno. I actually got to messing around with everything on the PC and did a few more tests and eventually discovered some of my extra VR equipment was to blame. After unplugging the extras and leaving just the Vive link connected I stopped having these issues completely. So the issue was too many USB devices... I'll have to figure out what to do if I ever have a game that uses full body tracking for VR

Side Note:
Quite honestly I feel pretty dumb for not thinking about it sooner...

Rdgeno

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
Are you overclocking anything and what do you have the 3070 set at? You have plenty of power put the 3070 on performance and shut Vsync off on the game and in the GPU if you have that setting on either. I have a 3070 OC with the 3700X and only 650 watts I'm not having any problems that GPU and CPU kills. Maybe theres a comparability issue with the GPU driver you can go to Nvidia and try an older one too theres a lot of times that, that helps. By any chance did you go to AMD and update your drivers there too? It's something stupid like what I'm mentioning because aside from the fact your running double the ram and your psu is bigger your running the same setup I have. I didnt touch anything on mine other than the setting on the GPU no overclocking and its murdering the PS5 specs so your should be too. Here's a great guid for optimizing your Nvidia GPU.
View: https://youtu.be/jZrnfWpENTo

Reactions: Zensuki2

Zensuki2

Honorable
Dec 13, 2015
Thanks for your reply Rdgeno. I actually got to messing around with everything on the PC and did a few more tests and eventually discovered some of my extra VR equipment was to blame. After unplugging the extras and leaving just the Vive link connected I stopped having these issues completely. So the issue was too many USB devices... I'll have to figure out what to do if I ever have a game that uses full body tracking for VR

Side Note:
Quite honestly I feel pretty dumb for not thinking about it sooner...

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.