Question Driver Problems ~ gtx 1060 3gb

ssmenerd

Prominent
Aug 20, 2018
A few days ago Geforce Experience stopped working. Every time I open it I'm met with an error. It says,

"Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and launch Geforce Experience. ERROR CODE: 0x0003"

I've tried rebooting my computer and reinstalling the drivers but it doesn't do anything. Nvidia Control Panel still works fine so I'm out of ideas, and any help is appreciated.

I'm using a GTX 1060 3GB on driver version 431.60 and Windows 10 v1903

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Did you change anything software (incl. OS) or hardware related recently? Or did the problem suddenly just appear? Did you recently update drivers for example?
What is the rest of your system spec including PSU make and model?

Ensure that all NVIDIA services in "Services" are enabled and running:
  • NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem
  • NvContainerLocalSystem
  • NvContainerNetworkService
  • NvTelemetryContainer

Also ensure Windows is updated to latest.
Do you have any antivirus/firewall installed? If so, it may be worth temporarily disabling it to see if the issue persists.

"Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and launch Geforce Experience. ERROR CODE: 0x0003"

There are several causes that might end up popping up this particular error message:
  • Nvidia Telemetry is not permitted to interact with the desktop – This particular issue can also occur if the Nvidia Telemetry Container is not permitted to interact with the desktop. If this is true, then you can resolve the issue by using the Services screen to allow interaction with this service.

• Some mandatory Nvidia Services are not running – Nvidia Display Service, Nvidia Local System Container and Nvidia Network Service Container are all services that will cause this particular issue if they are disabled. In this case, you might be able to resolve the issue by force starting the services.

• Corrupted Nvidia driver – In some cases, the issue might occur if one or more drivers used by your GPU are corrupted. In this case, you will be able to resolve the issue by reinstalling every Nvidia Component.

• Glitched Network adapter – The above particular error message can also occur if the network adapter gets stuck in a limbo state. Whenever this happens, you can resolve the issue by performing a Winsock reset (also known as a comms reinstall).

• Windows update interfered with your GPU driver – You can resolve the issue by uninstalling the current Nvidia drivers and then installing the latest version automatically.

ssmenerd

Prominent
Aug 20, 2018
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Did you change anything software (incl. OS) or hardware related recently? Or did the problem suddenly just appear? Did you recently update drivers for example?
What is the rest of your system spec including PSU make and model?

Ensure that all NVIDIA services in "Services" are enabled and running:
  • NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem
  • NvContainerLocalSystem
  • NvContainerNetworkService
  • NvTelemetryContainer
Also ensure Windows is updated to latest.
Do you have any antivirus/firewall installed? If so, it may be worth temporarily disabling it to see if the issue persists.
It happened randomly, it was working when I got off one day and wasn't working when I woke up.

My full PC specs
gtx 1060 3gb
i5-7400
h110m oem mobo
1x8gb ddr4-2400
500w 80+ bronze oem

All nvidia services are working fine and Windows is on latest version. And disabling my antivirus didn't do anything.

ssmenerd

Prominent
Aug 20, 2018
There are several causes that might end up popping up this particular error message:
  • Nvidia Telemetry is not permitted to interact with the desktop – This particular issue can also occur if the Nvidia Telemetry Container is not permitted to interact with the desktop. If this is true, then you can resolve the issue by using the Services screen to allow interaction with this service.

• Some mandatory Nvidia Services are not running – Nvidia Display Service, Nvidia Local System Container and Nvidia Network Service Container are all services that will cause this particular issue if they are disabled. In this case, you might be able to resolve the issue by force starting the services.

• Corrupted Nvidia driver – In some cases, the issue might occur if one or more drivers used by your GPU are corrupted. In this case, you will be able to resolve the issue by reinstalling every Nvidia Component.

• Glitched Network adapter – The above particular error message can also occur if the network adapter gets stuck in a limbo state. Whenever this happens, you can resolve the issue by performing a Winsock reset (also known as a comms reinstall).

• Windows update interfered with your GPU driver – You can resolve the issue by uninstalling the current Nvidia drivers and then installing the latest version automatically.
For "Nvidia Telemetry is not permitted to interact with the desktop", I don't know how to do that, it only shows restart.

For "Glitched Network adapter", how do you perform a Winsock reset.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Might've been Windows updates doing silly things.

Have you tried uninstalling Geforce Experience and running display driver uninstaller in safemode and reinstalling both Nvidia driver and GE using the clean install method in the Nvidia driver installer?