[SOLVED] Drivers differences between B550 and B550M?

FermitTheKrog

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2014
To make a very long story short, in a new build I'm working on I was planning on using an Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus WIFI II but on the day of purchase the item was out of stock however they did have the Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus WIFI II in stock. Seeing as my case can support mATX boards and a quick review showed that it physically still has everything I need I decided to go with it.

To be safe I decided to re-download Audio, LAN, WiFi and Chipset drivers from the website however upon reaching the support page for the B550M and setting my OS to Win10 I found that only the WiFi driver is available. Looking at the support page for the B550 the drivers are all there. Interestingly if I set my OS to Win11, all the drivers show up though I'm unsure if I can rely on these.

My question is, can I still use those drivers on my B550M? My gut says yes, the chipset is the same across both boards so it stands to reason that the driver update for the B550M would be the same as the B550 and I can't think of a way that LAN or Audio drivers would be different for the board however at my very core I'm neurotic about these things and a bit of Googling hasn't turned up much!

So can anyone confirm if this is the case? Apologies if my question is dumb, I'm very out of practice! This is my first build in almost 10 years!

Solution
both boards come with armory crate, you can use it to update all the drivers so no real need to get them before hand.

that would answer question without you needing to download any and guess.

that and Windows includes many of the drivers not listed on the M board. you don't need audio, sata, even if they are listed under win 11

Colif

Win 11 Master
both boards come with armory crate, you can use it to update all the drivers so no real need to get them before hand.

that and Windows includes many of the drivers not listed on the M board. you don't need audio, sata, even if they are listed under win 11

Solution

FermitTheKrog

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2014

Just goes to show how out of touch I am! Thats perfect, thanks! :D