Sal

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003

Hi I have a L7S7a2 motherboard, and just instslled winxp slipstreamed
with sp2. My question is everything seems to be working great, but I
noticed there are newer drivers available for this board for agp, ide,
network card etc, from ecs japan, should I install these drivers or
should I just leave the ones windows installed by default.

Ps if you say to upgrade is it for speed or stability? also I have the
latest bios upgrade installed.
Thanks in advance

On 1 Jan 2005 14:25:01 -0800, baccio1@hotmail.com (sal) wrote:

>Hi I have a L7S7a2 motherboard, and just instslled winxp slipstreamed
>with sp2. My question is everything seems to be working great, but I
>noticed there are newer drivers available for this board for agp, ide,
>network card etc, from ecs japan, should I install these drivers or
>should I just leave the ones windows installed by default.
>
>Ps if you say to upgrade is it for speed or stability? also I have the
>latest bios upgrade installed.
>Thanks in advance

There is a Cheepoman bios for this board.

--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives

If everything is stable and works, why update.
If you like to mess with your computer until it breaks, then take a chance
and update.

I use a K7S5A PRO with latest Honey X bios.
I updated to latest SIS drivers and everything works fine.

How do you like the L7S7A2, I was thinking of getting one to replace my
K7S5A ?

"sal" wrote:
> Hi I have a L7S7a2 motherboard, and just installed winxp slipstreamed
> with sp2. My question is everything seems to be working great, but I
> noticed there are newer drivers available for this board for agp, ide,
> network card etc, from ecs japan, should I install these drivers or
> should I just leave the ones windows installed by default.
>
> Ps if you say to upgrade is it for speed or stability? also I have the
> latest bios upgrade installed.
> Thanks in advance

That's remarkable that drivers would be available from Japan, considering that the company is based
in Taiwan, with offices in Fremont, CA. If they really are from Japan, skip them. Get the latest
drivers from the company's main web site http://www.ecs.com.tw or from the American one
http://www.ecsusa.com .