Driving Wheel with NFS Underground 2

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else has tried the Logitech Driving Force Pro
with Need for Speed Underground 2. I got a good deal on that wheel with
Gran Tourismo 4 and it help in a realistic game like that but I'm not so
sure with Need for Speed. I've found the steering wheel is better for
circuit races where control in corners matter but the controller is better
for the drift races because of the ease of counter-steering. It's also
easier to use the hand brake with the controller using the R1 buttons. On
the steering wheel, the hand brake is the X button which a pain in the ass
to press when you're busy steering.

Anyone else have any opinions on this? Is the standard controller a better
choice for this style of game or do I just need more practice with the
steering wheel?

Sean

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 01:25:13 GMT, "Sean D" <nospam@nospam.ca> spewed forth these
words of wisdom:

>Hey, I was wondering if anyone else has tried the Logitech Driving Force Pro
>with Need for Speed Underground 2. I got a good deal on that wheel with
>Gran Tourismo 4 and it help in a realistic game like that but I'm not so
>sure with Need for Speed. I've found the steering wheel is better for
>circuit races where control in corners matter but the controller is better
>for the drift races because of the ease of counter-steering. It's also
>easier to use the hand brake with the controller using the R1 buttons. On
>the steering wheel, the hand brake is the X button which a pain in the ass
>to press when you're busy steering.
>
>Anyone else have any opinions on this? Is the standard controller a better
>choice for this style of game or do I just need more practice with the
>steering wheel?
>
>Sean

I only have the Driving Force, but that wheel works very well in NFSU2. I'm
pretty sure it supports the 900-degree turning radius on the DFP.

Galley