Question Dropped water in my motherboard.

Aug 14, 2020
Hi guys,

So today I spilled some drinking water from a bottle, while cleaning up my table. I ran down stairs, then came back and saw at screen black, and when I looked in down my pc, there was a tiny drop of water on the motherboard. My pc was open due to the fact that I had just vacuumed it. It was not ordinary tap water, but cold water we bought in the store with ‘source water’ on it. The fan was kind of acting weird, where it would spin then stop continuously. I turned it off, plugged out the power cable, then cleaned the drop of water. Then I turned it back on, the fan was spinning again and there was a white light on the side of the motherboard shining. But that was all.

Do I have to give the motherboard some more time?

Thanks,

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
You could try blowing wind inside the casing with vacuum cleaner to make sure there are no drops left which may have gone unnoticed. Just don't focus the wind on a single place for long. Vacuum cleaner winds can heat the components up.
For help:
Looks like this guy did the same thing.

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Try the methods listed here. You might want to reassemble your PC to make sure everything is in place

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Not much to go from here. It's best if you take it to a service center to let a professional take a look at it. Try to check if warranty can be applied. (Not sure they'll apply warranty on user damage though).
If you want, you could try the CPU on another board or vice versa if you have another board/system lying around/take from a friend. But I highly recommend you take it to a professional.