Oct 30, 2020
Hey guys, I've been pulling my hair out over this new ram I bought last weekend. I used to use a single 16 gb stick of patriot VIper DDR4 ram at 2400 mhz. I recently sold that and bought a 16 gb set of Corsair LPX 3200Mhz. I've never had this much trouble with my computer. I put in the kit, and dual channel would not work. It would say 16 gb of ram, but 8 gb usable for some reason. Dual channel 16 gb would not work at all. I was able to get single channel 3200 Mhz in the first 2 slots, but I was convinced it was a ram problem and exchanged it. With the second kit dual channel didn't work either, but now even single channel could not run at 3200 Mhz. I was convinced there was a ram problem that time, and exchanged for a third kit of ram. Same problem, only runs 16 gb 2133 Mhz in single channel. I've been switching the sticks and enabling/disabling XMP like a madman, and troubleshooting every damn fix I can to no avail. I'm afraid this could be a motherboard issue, but please let me know if any of you can think of a solution for this issue.
I've updated my bios to the latest version for the second kit and on, but then I actually lost 3200 Mhz support for single channel. I've changed the memory stuff in msconfig and a lot of the other solutions on the internet. I don't know what else to try, I've cleared the CMOS as well if it was a bios issue. I'm afraid the motherboard may have a dual channel or XMP ram issue, because everything else works fine and I bought the pc used so I never saw any problems with the motehrboard and don't think I can switch it out if there's a defect.
When I do enable XMP in single or dual channel the ncontinute to boot, the PC turns on and off a total of 3 times then turns on but doesn't post anything onto the monitor. Then I have to manually shut down and restart, then it runs at 2133.

Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600
Ram: Corsair LPX 16 gb 3200 (should be)
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Psu: EVGA bronze 600W

Hey guys, I've been pulling my hair out over this new ram I bought last weekend. I used to use a single 16 gb stick of patriot VIper DDR4 ram at 2400 mhz. I recently sold that and bought a 16 gb set of Corsair LPX 3200Mhz. I've never had this much trouble with my computer. I put in the kit, and dual channel would not work. It would say 16 gb of ram, but 8 gb usable for some reason. Dual channel 16 gb would not work at all. I was able to get single channel 3200 Mhz in the first 2 slots, but I was convinced it was a ram problem and exchanged it. With the second kit dual channel didn't work either, but now even single channel could not run at 3200 Mhz. I was convinced there was a ram problem that time, and exchanged for a third kit of ram. Same problem, only runs 16 gb 2133 Mhz in single channel. I've been switching the sticks and enabling/disabling XMP like a madman, and troubleshooting every damn fix I can to no avail. I'm afraid this could be a motherboard issue, but please let me know if any of you can think of a solution for this issue.
I've updated my bios to the latest version for the second kit and on, but then I actually lost 3200 Mhz support for single channel. I've changed the memory stuff in msconfig and a lot of the other solutions on the internet. I don't know what else to try, I've cleared the CMOS as well if it was a bios issue. I'm afraid the motherboard may have a dual channel or XMP ram issue, because everything else works fine and I bought the pc used so I never saw any problems with the motehrboard and don't think I can switch it out if there's a defect.
When I do enable XMP in single or dual channel the ncontinute to boot, the PC turns on and off a total of 3 times then turns on but doesn't post anything onto the monitor. Then I have to manually shut down and restart, then it runs at 2133.

Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600
Ram: Corsair LPX 16 gb 3200 (should be)
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Psu: EVGA bronze 600W
Exact part number of your RAM kit ?
Is it on the QVL ?
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b450m-ds3h_pinnacle.pdf