Discussion Dual Boot with Windows 11 Home and Windows 11 Pro on two separate internal SSDs!

Oct 27, 2023
Hello everyone! I am trying to set up dual boot with Windows 11 Home and Windows 11 Pro on two separate internal SSDs!

I want one SSD for work purposes (windows 11 pro) and I want the other SSD for home use and gaming (Windows 11 home). Currently my laptop is already pre installed with a windows 11 home edition on the first SSD so what should I do next?
Laptop meets the requirements to install windows 11. Can anyone tell me how I can achieve this? (I have opened the case to insert the SSD already)

To be completely honest, I am still learning how to do this so I would appreciate some guidance.
Also my other concerns are if I can hide (or disconnect?) the SSD for home use when I launch the windows 11 pro on the work SSD?
I don't want it to be accessible or seen! (note that the SSDs are both internal and taking out is not an ideal solution)

Will it even be possible to have two versions of windows 11, both having a license key installed in one laptop? Will it cause any issues?

Hello everyone! I am trying to set up dual boot with Windows 11 Home and Windows 11 Pro on two separate internal SSDs!
You boot from windows installation media and install windows on second drive.
Note - you'll need two windows licenses, to have windows 11 Home and windows 11 Pro on same pc.
You could have 2x windows 11 home installed with same license.

When you have windows installed, you can remove drive letter from other windows drive.
It becomes unavailable.