Question Dual booting setup

Jul 4, 2019
I apologise if this has been asked before, but I'm running out of time. I have Windows 7-64 Home installed on a 250 SSD, shrunk the drive to half to install Windows 10 on it.
Downloaded Win 10 to a 14Gb USB and set my system to boot with it. Installed as a brand new system into that empty partition and rebooted. Now it only boots into 10 without giving me the option to dual boot to
Windows 7. What did I do wrong, is it repairable, or do I have to re-install 10 to be able to dual boot? I need to learn all about 10, before switching, while still doing everything else on 7.

Jul 4, 2019
I've never dual-booted windows with anything other than DOS, and that was a very long time ago, for a classroom demonstration. The best I can come-up with to help you, is below:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/305...ows-7-with-windows-10-but-theres-a-catch.html

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/dual-boot-windows-7-and-windows-10.html

Thanks mate, but Murphy is on my shoulder tonight! Just finished posting and I happened to glance at another posting with a similar problem.
Thought WTH, I've tried everything else, might just try this too! Guess what........ it worked! I replied to the post and now I'm trying to find it again to file it away, but to no avail.

USAFRet

Titan
Done properly, that should have worked.
I don't know exactly what you did, so...

I had 7 and 10 as a dual boot to test the initial Win 10 Tech Preview when it first came out.
It gave a nice looking menu on boot up to select.

Did you by any chance create a full drive backup before you started on this?
(you should have, as a fallback situation)

What are you 'testing' with the Win 10?

Jul 4, 2019
Got a tip from
SouthQuay95
which read:
"Press Windows key

Type: view advanced system settings

Hit Enter

Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings

Click in the Default operating system list box

Select the other operating system

Click OK"

That did it for me!
Not really testing as I've never used 10 before, but seeing as 7 is coming to an end I decided to see what it's all about