Question Dual Monitor Setup - One specific game will not run on main monitor when others games do ?

Notorious^

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
So i am stumped on why my World War Z (via EPIC launcher) will not run on my main monitor but all my other games do. Just to make sure i have gone back into my windows settings and my Nvidia control panel to make sure my main monitor is set to main monitor and it was. None of the games in my STEAM library do this so that's why i am really stumped. Next thing i tried was i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, does the same thing. Next i launched the game to see if there was a display setting in the options of the game and no settings of that kind so next i changed it to windowed mode to see if i could drag it to my main monitor and when i did that now all i get is a black screen on the game that stretches between both monitors. I do get the audio so i can hear the game running but no picture as somehow the video setting for this one game is messed up somewhere but don't know where to look to check anything else.

Also i have tested about 6 other games from my EPIC launcher and they all play on my main monitor.

My main monitor is a Predator 32" 1440 and my second monitor is a acer 24" 1080 in portrait mode.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Notorious^

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
What ports are you using for the monitors.? Monitor 1 uses- Monitor 2 uses-

I fixed it, i just forgot to come back and post so if anyone comes across this. So when i tried to drag the game from my secondary monitor to my main monitor it just went to a black screen windowed box. Out of 83 games in my library this was the only game that did that ( i launched every game to test this lol)

But what happened is somehow it jacked up my GPU driver (471.96). I didn't know that though until i decided to uninstall my driver and reinstall it just to rule that out after i tried everything above and it fixed my issue. Game now opens on main monitor.

Its still odd that it happened but its fixed now.