[SOLVED] Dual monitor wallpaper only showing one image on boot/restart.

Mantruffle83

Honorable
Oct 28, 2016
Every time I start or restart my pc my wallpaper shows a duplicated image on both monitors, and the only way I can get it do display properly is to go into the screen settings, select duplicate displays and then hit revert. Only then does the wallpaper display correctly across both monitors. It's not a huge deal but it is annoying, anyone have any ideas?

Main monitor is an acer predator 1080p 144hz, secondary is another acer but just a 60hz 1080p. Main is connected via display port, secondary is connected via a dvr to display port adapter.

PC: 9700K, RTX 2080 Super running latest driver, 32 GB ram, 2 TB m.2 ssd, MSI gaming pro carbon mobo.

Solution
Both monitors directly connected to PC without the dvr - correct?

Okay - if you click the "Extend" menu choice does the display extend across both monitors?

If not, right click an empty area of the desktop and go into the GPU's Control Panel configuration settings.

Check the configuration therein.

Ralston18

Titan
Both monitors directly connected to PC without the dvr - correct?

Okay - if you click the "Extend" menu choice does the display extend across both monitors?

If not, right click an empty area of the desktop and go into the GPU's Control Panel configuration settings.

Check the configuration therein.

Solution