[SOLVED] Dual monitors for multitasking

dradu20

Honorable
Sep 16, 2017
Hello everyone!
I want to get a second monitor for drawing,youtube/netflix and to help with multitasking,coding etc.Right now I own a Asus VG248QE 24"(https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VG248QE-1920x1080-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0).
The second monitor I would like to have nice colors(most important) and would be helpful to have a high refresh rate(not a must have).
The most important thing is to work neatly with the asus one (like mouse being in the same position after moving to the next panel, have a friend with dual and the panels are desynchronized,even after trying to fix them).
My budget is around 250 $.It can be 4k/2k,ultra wide,curved doesn't matter,just to feel nice working with it.
Thank you in advance!

Solution
Easiest thing to do is to get a monitor that has the same resolution as your current one. When run in Extended mode, as long as the displays are arranged in Display Settings correctly, there should be a smooth transition from one display to the next. I have two displays of different resolutions. As long as my mouse is not in the bottom 20% of my primary screen (almost never), there is no issue moving from the primary to the secondary.

MZqk703.jpg

-Wolf sends

4745454b

Titan
The most important thing is to work neatly with the asus one (like mouse being in the same position after moving to the next panel, have a friend with dual and the panels are desynchronized,even after trying to fix them).

It doesn't work that way. The monitors would either be cloned, or extended. If they are cloned then what happens on one happens on the other. I set my tv to this method when i want to game on my 65" tv instead of my monitor. When you "move to the next panel" you are extending the desk top. But the mouse will never jump to where it was on the old monitor. My tv is left of my desk, and when i scroll over to it i just move the mouse left until it's over there and I'm doing whatever I'm doing over there.

The only issue i have is my monitor is 1080 while my tv is 4k. As long as the monitors are the same res you really should be fine.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Easiest thing to do is to get a monitor that has the same resolution as your current one. When run in Extended mode, as long as the displays are arranged in Display Settings correctly, there should be a smooth transition from one display to the next. I have two displays of different resolutions. As long as my mouse is not in the bottom 20% of my primary screen (almost never), there is no issue moving from the primary to the secondary.

MZqk703.jpg

-Wolf sends

Solution