Dual Screen mouse control

DinkyDogg

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I have an inkling this is the wrong spot to post, if so, please direct me.

I have recently just bought a new monitor, and set it up in dual with my old monitor.
It all works, have independent displays and set up the way i want.

While in game, the mouse is locked to the screen, which is fine, but is there a way to mouse the mouse to the other screen, without minimizing the game?

Thank you for any advice

Generally no. It's the way the game is designed.

It is generally better that the mouse remained "locked" on the gaming screen. Otherwise it can lead to confusion on how, when, and where to implement "dual screen mouse support". For example, playing Crysis requires the use of mouse to look around. There is no mouse at all on the screen, so how do you propose to move the mouse on the other screen?

Majesty II is a game where the mouse can move from the gaming screen to the other monitor by default, there is option to change it. However, it affects gameplay somewhat. The mouse is used to scroll across the landscape, up, down and left works fine, moving the mouse to that part of the screen will correctly scroll the landscape. Scrolling right is a different matter since in a dual monitor setup the mouse simply moves on to the other monitor. The game does not scroll right even if I move the mouse all the way to the right edge of my other monitor. I need to use the keyboard to scroll right.

DinkyDogg

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
mmm ye that all makes sense, since most FPS games dont have the mouse set to a move, rather then a look function. The only ive been able to do wat i want are RTS and MMO's, but they have to be in windowed mode :(. Looks like wat i want defies logic, or technology cant handle it :S

quikdagger

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I have dual-screen also and the allowing of the mouse to move to the scondary monitor is a pain is there a way to reverse its ability to do this?
Ever since acquiring windows 7my mouse will move off the game screen and then of course when i click it minimizes game...

DinkyDogg

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
are you running in Windowed mode? If so disabe it as it can sometimes stop it.

What Graphic card are you running? I've recently upgraded to an ATI from Nvidia, and ATI doesnt have such great multi-screen options compared to Nvidia.

Look into getting a program to help, either www.binaryfortress.com/displayfusion for a good freeware one, or you can cough up abit of cash and get www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon