Duke Nukem Forever: Possibly Close to Completion?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
[citation][nom]stradric[/nom]A little behind on this news there Tom's...[/citation]

I guess this would be a perfect example of what you were talking about Jane.

G

Cant wait for it to be on Pirate Bay.
Im not going to pay for it, even if its good, I am not going to pay for it, ill just simply take it.

Yarr harr harr scurvy be my widow.

G

The Mayan calendar predicted that DNF would be released in 2012. Such a significant milestone warranted the cessation of the calendar.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Bad_Man[/nom]The Mayan calendar predicted that DNF would be released in 2012. Such a significant milestone warranted the cessation of the calendar.[/citation]

Haha! Genius.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
I'd like to know how the number 71 makes for a milestone... maybe 100, maybe 50 left, heck, maybe even 75 or 70 tasks left, but 71??? Maybe he's a hippy and there is something powerful about the number 71. Anyone know?

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
ive played duke nukem since 2d days, i've given up, i'll believe it when i see it. then again it could be nothing more than a bomb

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Is this just some sick delayed April Fools joke or what?

I think I would be dissapointed with the next Duke Nukem, not because the game might not meet expectations, but because the old trailer for DNF looked so awesome.
Color was a big part of my 3 favorite FPS: Elite Force, Duke Nukem 3D, Unreal 1/Tournament
I have a feeling they are going to pull a Quake/Doom and go with some dark dreary colors, and might go overboard on the playability of the whole enviroment.

I did very much enjoy Duke Nukem Mantattan Project, and wish they would release another along those lines.

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
"when it's done" is such a freakin' excuse. They'll probably put on the back cover "Over 10 years in the making," As if it would some how ensure quality. When they do release it, with dated graphics it will only show 3d realms' incompetance. That said, Duke Nukem 3d was 4 in the mornin' fun with pig cops and strippers. The penthouse mod was awesome as well. I doubt they will be able to recreate the nostalgia while offering something fresh.

Silluete

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Xenophage[/nom]Duke Nukem Forever is the longest running practical joke in computer gaming history.[/citation]
+1 maybe the second is starcraft 2, if blizzard can survive from being drowned in money they get from WOW.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Don't have any clue if that was even about DNF. . . Pure assumption/speculation.

I think there is a good chance that the game will come out and be good. It took Prey like 10 years to come out, and I thought that game was a whole lot of fun, even if it was pretty short.

slimebucket

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
(and put the possibility of Duke Nukem Forever up there with the Tooth Fairy and Santa Clause),

Clause should be Claus

A clause is a legal side note in either law's or contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.