Question During standby on lock screen, the monitor turns on and off periodically ?

Tony Case

Honorable
Apr 3, 2017
So the thing is, when I lock my account and I'm away from PC, my monitor goes off after ~1 minute and then periodically turns on and off (after 1 minute of being on), as if I move my mouse periodically.
I remember that Win10 ignored display timeout settings where it didn't matter what settings you had as monitor would turn off after 1 minute of inactivity on lock screen anyway. I feel like my issue has something to do with that Win10 behavior overriding my settings, but what settings exactly, where to find them?

Last edited:

Tony Case

Honorable
Apr 3, 2017
Type this in command prompt and it will expose the controls for the locked screen in power settings under change plan settings. powercfg.exe -attributes SUB_VIDEO 8EC4B3A5-6868-48c2-BE75-4F3044BE88A7 -ATTRIB_HIDE
Thanks! That setting is responsible for lock screen time out. Personally I'm okay with just 1m. But any idea why my display wakes up periodically?

Tony Case

Honorable
Apr 3, 2017
It could be many things. Like a corrupted profile, or an add on app. What if any apps do you have in startup?
KB&M software is the only one set to launch on startup. Will try safe mode later on but not sure if that'll help.
Ed. Tried safe mode, not sure if this is once again Windows 10 overriding settings or if that's completely normal in safe mode but display doesn't even turns off and instead fades to 'blank' no matter what I do.

Last edited: